ASUS Transformer Prime release date moved

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't spent much time playing around in Honeycomb, but I don't think ICS will be as big of a step from HC as it is from Gingerbread, but with that being said, I would rather them hold back the launch a couple of weeks and get the ICS installation out of the way done right than deal with an OTA upgrade.

pat3332

Reaction score
I agree. I'm sure they want to get it out in time for Christmas and I'm also pretty sure they want to be able to say that they have the first tablet with quad core and ICS. It would probably kick sales up a lot because I think there are a lot of people who will wait if it ships with HC.

I do want to get my hands on it though. I know it's just another big boy toy that I probably don't need, but I can say that about most of my tech purchases and this is the first tablet I've seen that has impressed me enough to get me to part with that much money. I don't need the Windows productivity, I have two laptops and a desktop for that. My main need for daily use is exactly what the Prime does. It's like my Thunderbolt on steroids and I can tether the Prime to my TBolt and still make and receive calls while I'm doing other things on the Prime. Also, this looks like it may be one tech purchase that possibly won't be obsolete in a month.

PS: I like your icon.