Asus say's "relax" they will soon give an official statement on the bootloader

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
asusfb.png

With GPS issues still present and the the bootloader still a topic of controversy Asus has it's hands full. The planned "attack" via social media has gotten their attention and they are responding.

Asus has issued a "statement" via Facebook and told users an "Official statement on bootloader for the Prime coming in a bit. Hang on tight guys. In the mean time, relax."

So there you have it. Another staged social media "attack" has gotten a corporation to respond.

Asus made a statement earlier today in Italy essentially saying they don't want people running unapproved software on the Tablet because it's not designed to run it. It's wait and see to hear what they tell it's US customers.

Via: Asus/Facebook

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here it is (translated by Google):
We see that there was a bit ‘choppy sea of questions about some “hot”. We talk about issues with Prime. It is called the root block. About First it should be noted that the product is not yet available on our territory. So the problems that some (we want to emphasize) users have complained will not affect the units deployed overseas on our territory. Battery life is line with what was promised. Obviously, this parameter depends strongly on the conditions of use and maximum range is always referred to use “light” with all the energy saving features active. On the GPS is wrong to compare a product like Prime to a smartphone. First, because smartphones using 3G connectivity to download the table with the position of the satellites and then more quickly identify the satellites. What you can do even Prime WiFi, but only when it is connected. Secondly, because Prime does not come as Car Navigator, nor do we imagine that users will use it while walking the streets of the city, looking for a street or a shop. For those things are just smartphones. Finally speech root: our position in this regard is simple. The product is guaranteed as it is. Different firmware altering the basic functionality of the product or push the hardware beyond the standard frequencies will void your warranty and may threaten the reliability and proper functioning of the product itself. Basically to respond to some posts on the bulletin board: we do not delete the “post uncomfortable” because we do not have anything to hide. Delete spam, misinformation and the news is not official. Keep them on the bulletin board would be to confirm their content. But it is not. It is incorrect that a user who attends board ASUS Italy will find us to be informed instead of misinformation. We hope with this post that I made ​​clear the misunderstanding.
The staff ASUS Italy

Basically like I said yesterday. Oems are tired of people modifying the software and claiming warranty. Yes oems put out bad eggs and that is why there is a warranty. But if you want to hack you need to take full responsibility.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Official statement from facebook says they're developing an unlock tool, but more importantly ICS will be here January 12th! Can't wait! Don't really care about the bootloader but looking forward to having ICS on my prime

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Basically like I said yesterday. Oems are tired of people modifying the software and claiming warranty. Yes oems put out bad eggs and that is why there is a warranty. But if you want to hack you need to take full responsibility.

True. Too many people return stuff when its their fault. I only return if its a hardware issue or I should have returned my first phone when it bricked trying to install the OTA.

X

cdfjr1975

Reaction score
ICS in January. Hopefully the US versions which are on pre order ship or upgrade in January as well. This is my wife's Christmas gift *wink wink*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums