Asus say's "relax" they will soon give an official statement on the bootloader

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Jan 3, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

With GPS issues still present and the the bootloader still a topic of controversy Asus has it's hands full. The planned "attack" via social media has gotten their attention and they are responding.

Asus has issued a "statement" via Facebook and told users an "Official statement on bootloader for the Prime coming in a bit. Hang on tight guys. In the mean time, relax."

So there you have it. Another staged social media "attack" has gotten a corporation to respond.

Asus made a statement earlier today in Italy essentially saying they don't want people running unapproved software on the Tablet because it's not designed to run it. It's wait and see to hear what they tell it's US customers.

Via: Asus/Facebook
  2. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Basically like I said yesterday. Oems are tired of people modifying the software and claiming warranty. Yes oems put out bad eggs and that is why there is a warranty. But if you want to hack you need to take full responsibility.
  3. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

Official statement from facebook says they're developing an unlock tool, but more importantly ICS will be here January 12th! Can't wait! Don't really care about the bootloader but looking forward to having ICS on my prime
  4. brad92

brad92 New Member

True. Too many people return stuff when its their fault. I only return if its a hardware issue or I should have returned my first phone when it bricked trying to install the OTA.

X
  5. cdfjr1975

cdfjr1975 New Member

ICS in January. Hopefully the US versions which are on pre order ship or upgrade in January as well. This is my wife's Christmas gift *wink wink*

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums