Asus Releases New ICS Update for the OG Transformer TF101; Fixes Many Issues

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TF101update.jpg

While users have had the Ice Cream Sandwich update on their original Asus Transformer TF101 series since February, many of those users have been experiencing quite a few nagging issues and problems. Thankfully, Asus has just released a new update that is meant to address these problems. The update brings the tab to firmware version to 9.2.1.21, and here are a few things that come along with it:
  • Improves system stability
  • Improves email stability
  • Improves AppBackup App
  • Improves MyLibrary stability
  • Supports Wi-Fi Direct
  • Supports unzip in File Manager
  • Add restore tab function in Browser
It took them quite a bit of time, but it's better late than never. Share your thoughts on this update.

Source: TransformerForums via Asus

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Got this update last night but my root is gone. :sad-b: viperMod fails to root this version too.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
updated last night have not played with it yet.. only problem i had was occasional reboot

widetc

Reaction score
It feels like its running smoother to me. I too had the tablet shut down or reboot its self. Haven't seen it do that yet.

mekanism

Reaction score
This is why I love Asus products, their customer service is amazing and with the constant updates it makes owning the TF-101 that much better. I had very few problems with my 101 even before we got ICS and now we already have another update! Now I just hope they will bring the Padfone to Verizon with 4G.

Mek's X