ASUS Phone/Tablet in One

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
asus-05272011.jpg

Although we haven’t seen the “official” number yet regarding the Transformer launch, I will go ahead and call it an overwhelming success. So what’s next for Asus? A new tablet? A new smartphone? How about BOTH.
Asus is no stranger when it comes to teasing their customers and these newly leaked Asus’ promos for the 2011 Taipei Computex tradeshow, it looks like they’re getting ready to “break the rules.” While everyone is up in arms over what the mystery device could be, my guess is the device will be Asus’ Eee Pad MeMO that was shown off at CES earlier this year and was scheduled to launch in early June.

In case you need a refresher, the Eee Pad MeMO was a 7-inch, dual-core Snapdragon, Gingerbread tablet (said to launch with Honeycomb) that came with a stylus and the option of having a little bluetooth handset you could use to make calls and stream music from the tablet. Essentially giving you a “pad that is also a phone.” Mystery solved. Or is it…?

Viddler.com - ASUS Eee Pad MeMO and MeMic hands-on - Uploaded by engadget

SOURCE: ASUS to unveil a phone-docking tablet at Computex? -- Engadget

griz8791

Reaction score
My carrier (Verizon) will fight this to the death. This would undermine their business model of making everyone buy two separate devices and two separate data plans.