Asus' New Add Proclaims Folks Who Buy the $10K Apple Watch "out of your mind" in New Ad

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asus-on-Apple-Watch-Edition.jpg

Asus just released a new teaser ad for their ZenWatch. It's designed to draw interest to their smartwatch by poking fun at anyone willing to purchase the new 18K Gold Apple Watch (which will retail between $10,000 and $17,000). Asus' ad is a simple decision tree, which leads inexorably to either to you purchasing a ZenWatch for $199.99, or the realization that you are "out of your mind."

What's especially clever about the ad is that it doesn't actually name the Apple Watch specifically, but instead just talks about the "Golden Apple." While we doubt this ad will sell too many watches for Asus, we are glad to give them props on originality and cleverness.

Source: Twitter

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
That is awesome.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Clever marketing. I don't mind stuff like this. When HTC said Samsung was only in it for the money, that was just stupid and not marketing.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Well done. Asus. :cool:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm probably out of my mind.. But i could think of far better things to drop 10k on... Like.. Get married... Only to get divorced... Put a down payment on a sports car... And let my 12 year old wreck it.. Use the cash for toilet paper... Invest the money in a small company like media blasting.. But refuse to actually use said equipment... Get my PhD in music... We've seen how well that's going... Or.. Start up my own solar farm... Under the big thicket national forest...

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
The only reason to offer a $10,000 Apple Watch with gold plating is some sheik in Abu Dhabi can buy one. I am sure there is a market here in America, but I feel like the demand is mostly out of the US market.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yea I can't picture The Donald with an Apple Watch.

Turbo Tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Maybe siri can tell him where to get a better hair cut?