ASUS Eee Pad Transformer's Keyboard Dock Priced at $150

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
asus_transformer_dock_price.png

The new ASUS Eee Pad Transformer that is coming soon, does not come with the keyboard dock. If you want it, you will be able to purchase it separately for $150 bucks. The keyboard dock comes with a keyboard, 2 USB 2.0 ports, an SD card reader, and a secondary battery that doubles the tablet’s battery life. Before scoffing at the pricing, industry rumor suggests that the Transformer itself will only cost $400 dollars, which is very competitive compared to the other Android Tablets. When you add the keyboard dock, the total of $550 still comes in $50 dollars cheaper than the Moto XOOM, which doesn't come with all the bells and whistles of the keyboard dock. Overall, this Honeycomb tab is looking sweeter and sweeter by the week. (Pun intended)

Source: AndroidTablets.net via AndroidPolice

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That really sounds like something! 2 extra USB ports, more battery....I don't think $150 sounds that bad at all as there is probably @ $80 of value there.

The final piece of the puzzle/question is whether this keyboard dock is still "portable". I plan to ditch the big bulky laptop and carry this thing, so I have room provided the keyboard dock isn't some odd shape.

cmaag

Reaction score
I would like to see a possible bundle deal that would put both the tab and dock together for a sweet 500 that would be a perfect deal maker, and really kill on the market.

Some people will shrug fifty bucks off but a hundred will change peoples minds; anyway just my opinion.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I want....This is the tablet I'm getting. Assuming it's unlocked I think it will be a big seller and that means good developer support.

This is nearly perfect. This is the tablet I've been wanting for browsing and light load applications for work (hence the need for keyboard).

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That really sounds like something! 2 extra USB ports, more battery....I don't think $150 sounds that bad at all as there is probably @ $80 of value there.

The final piece of the puzzle/question is whether this keyboard dock is still "portable". I plan to ditch the big bulky laptop and carry this thing, so I have room provided the keyboard dock isn't some odd shape.

Check out this review, apparently it's not a problem.

Hands on: Asus Eee Pad Transformer review | News | TechRadar UK

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
I for sure want one. $400 for a tablet that is almost identical to the Xoom then add that keyboard and i would be in heaven. A netbook when i need it and a tablet when i need it, this sounds like the perfect device to me. And it has a skin, but would anyone even notice if asus didn't say it was a skin? If you look closely the home and back keys are slightly different and they bundled a few apps and widgets, this is how you do a skin!

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I would imagine the tablet is unlocked as asus has already released the source code for this device... SO between that and price it should be a dev favorite.

en28so

Reaction score
This is looking better and better. I only need a test drive @ the store. The screen looks nice and responsive too in some hands on I've seen.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

TheOldFart

Reaction score
While I would like to have one of these, it will not be near as powerful as a netbook at $200 less. I have 2 ASUS netbooks and an ASUS monitor and they are all excellent quality. The netbooks haven't had a single problem in over 2 years and they are used daily. While this is a good idea and implementation, it will not run any real productivity software like any netbook will. These are still adult toys and it will be a couple more years before they will have the power to replace a netbook, let alone an even more powerful laptop. I am not against adult toys - I have enough of them, but to think this will replace a laptop for anything more than web browsing, twitter, facebook and some low powered games if fooling yourself.