ASUS Eee Pad Transformer On Sale April 26th for $399/$499; Thumbs Nose at Motorola

makaveliq3

Reaction score
I have to wait until my new axm care comes in to buy it. What do you guys think the odds of this device selling out on day 1?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Not to pee on anyone's parade, but I am not seeing any mention of a slot for SD expansion on that thing.

Even the 16 gig Xoom is expandable to 48 gigs.

Tablet- 1 x 2-in-1 Audio Jack (Headphone/Mic-in)
1 x mini HDMI 1.3a
1 x Card Reader (Micro SD)

(Mobile Docking)- Keyboard
Touch Pad
2 x USB 2.0
2 x Docking port (Host + Client)
1 x Card Reader (MMC/SD/SDHC)
1 x 24.4Wh Battery

So both have card readers and with the keyboard you will end up with 16 hours of battery life.

Kag Pirate

Reaction score
A tablet manufacturer that gets it, thank you God! I wonder what all those people saying that the Xoom wasn't overpriced think about this.
+10

As I said in another post long ago about the Xoom, give me something priced at a reasonable price, yet to me a laptop is better idea.
Now with the docking station that lets it act like a laptop as well a tablet I'm getting more into buying one of these.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
01-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by xkape
I am just saying... for $800 and a 2 year contract to boot... I could get a laptop that would outperform the tab in every way, be bigger screen, whatever... and I could do it for less money and have no contract.

Don't get me wrong, the nerd in me wants a tablet.. i really do.. but I just can't figure out a good reason to do it.

01-22-2011, 02:13 AM
I am going to assume here.. $800 fot the tablet adn $30 a month for 2 years for a data plan.. that's $1520. When I see numbers that big I think.. 50" + TV, Xbox, furniture, landscaping, maid, quad monitor PC (yes I would use that), BEER, etc.... I just can't bring myself to get one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
01-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Kag Pirate

I also agree with this and get a longer battery life as well. Laptops even can be charged VIA your car power outlet. Yet the tablet is better to carry around and take places.

Don't get me wrong, the nerd in me wants a tablet.. i really do.. but I just can't figure out a good reason to do it.

I also been saying the same thing and been saying is it worth that much money for the Xoom or Ipad1,2,3,4, ect ....

Reading a bit more even if it would drop to 500 or other factors bring price down a laptop to me seem better idea then a tablet.... well for me anymore.

Valvoline

Reaction score
This is it. i have been looking forward to this since the day it was just an idea. Keyboard docking station, hello!!!
i was waiting for a computer manufacture to get in the game and set the bar high. good on the cell phone manu's to get it started though.
pre-ordering the 24th, dont tell my wife.......its a surprise.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I have to wait until my new axm care comes in to buy it. What do you guys think the odds of this device selling out on day 1?

I think they are pretty high. They are already sold out in the UK I believe and they aren't even out yet. With all these shortages I'm not going to chance it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Mopdaddy

Reaction score
Is Best Buy gonna be open for me to even preorder if this 24th is true about that.

Big Lou

Reaction score
I just spoke to my local Best Buy and they said they had them in stock, but could not tell me when they'd be available--though I'm pretty sure we all know it's the 26th.

This will certainly be my next tablet. I really like my iPad, but it's time I get something with a bit more capability. I actually have had some experience with using a mouse and keyboard on Android; Cyanogenmod allows for bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Although it's a bit goofy on a tiny screen, it does make it easier to browse websites and write emails.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
I just called my local best buy and they said they had nothing in the system. How was your best buy able to find it? I gave them the name and the model number. I think they may have connected me to the mobile department, maybe that's why.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I wish my local best buy would at least pick up the phone so I can find out.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Well they told me that they'll have them. Guess I'll just pick one up from there.

makaveliq3

Reaction score
Yea I'm definitely going to buy one of these I'm just worried of I can't buy it day one I'll have to wait until like June.

bL33d

Reaction score
Hmm ya I think I might buy one if I like it better then my Ipad ill sell my Ipad and keep it if not I'm sure I could sell the transformer easy.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
One thing I really like is that the dock is said to be compatible with future tablets in the Transformer line so that way I can sell this one and get the Kal el one when it's released.