ASUS Eee Pad Transformer On Sale April 26th for $399/$499; Thumbs Nose at Motorola

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Will all the apps I've purchased on my Droid immediately transfer to the tablet? No double purchasing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Yeah just login using your google id and you can access the apps you've already bought.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Im seriously considering this. I sold my ipad for a Xoom, but this might work.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Might work? If the Xoom will work, then this definitely will. I believe reviews say it's better than the Xoom anyway.

bplewis24

Reaction score
I think the Xoom has been said to have a better camera and slightly better battery life on wifi web-browsing. On most other fronts, the Transformer will match or best it.

Brandon

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
I believe it was the software that had issues with the camera and with the battery in the dock I'll get better life with the Transformer. Even if the Xoom camera is better, I wouldn't use the camera and it's not 100 dollars better either.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to find a preorder? I've searched to no avail. Also the Facebook fan page only lists bestbuy.com so I'm concerned that the brick and mortar stores will not have these on the 26.

If they are in stores on the 26 I will have one for sure.

sapko

Reaction score
I was gonna hold off on purchasing a tablet but this really is one hell of a bargain. What I heard on one of the reviews is that if you purchase the keyboard together with the tab your total would be $499 for 16gb. The only thing that concerns me is future OS updates. Does anybody know what we should expect from Asus regarding updates, or maybe couse it's vanilla our android community would have little trouble keeping us up to date?

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
Ok so I've heard that it will be available in best buy on the 26 and peeorders will open on the 24 (not sure about this being true since that's Easter Sunday). But anyway, I just watched the anandtech review on this and I am super excited about this now. The keyboard works flawlessly with it, no way the XOOM can compete.

I encourage everyone to watch that review. I see no need for my desktop anymore (its an 10 year old dell, but it works flawlessly for surfing net and using office and managing photos which is all I'd use the tablet for).

Anyone know if the transformer will recognize files on an external hard drive via USB?

acidbrn

Reaction score
I was gonna hold off on purchasing a tablet but this really is one hell of a bargain. What I heard on one of the reviews is that if you purchase the keyboard together with the tab your total would be $499 for 16gb. The only thing that concerns me is future OS updates. Does anybody know what we should expect from Asus regarding updates, or maybe couse it's vanilla our android community would have little trouble keeping us up to date?

Not sure how they are with tablets, but I have an Asus laptop and theyve been pretty good so far with updating and supporting their product.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Looks like this is going to be my next device.

sapko

Reaction score

Not sure how they are with tablets, but I have an Asus laptop and theyve been pretty good so far with updating and supporting their product.

Keeps getting better and better.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Obviously this is Asus' first foray into the Android world, so there's no track record for us to rely on with them. However, I'd say all signs indicate them doing things the right way (making a great product #1, releasing kernel source code, keeping it very close to stock, etc).

I wouldn't worry about updates (I hear there is supposed to be one out for the product by launch day), but even if you are, the development community with this device should be pretty strong.

Brandon

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I am buying one for sure, day 1, prolly amazon although I'm gonna goto my local staples and ask if they are getting any for the 26th. I wish I had a best buy here...

bL33d

Reaction score
Hmm I might have to sell my Ipad. I really really wish android had a Netflix app.