ASUS Eee Pad Transformer On Sale April 26th for $399/$499; Thumbs Nose at Motorola

mustseepc

Reaction score
The ouija board told me I would NOT be purchasing this, but that I would be making some kind of tablet purchase this year. WHAT?!?!? :icon_eek: Totally does not make sense to me, cuz I want this so badly and don't see anything else on the horizon that I would want to buy instead. I have the means and the release is imminent, so what could possibly stop me from getting this? We'll see. :D

andstrat

Reaction score

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
That's plenty for me too. Aren't they coming out with 128gb sd cards too? You really can't beat this tablet in price for the features that it offers.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
I watched the video and didnt see any usb ports. Is there one on the tablet itself?

makaveliq3

Reaction score
So am I going to have to wait outside best buy on the day of for this one? I've been following this tabs release for a month now. With all the talk about short supply I don't want to wait another couple months due to no stock.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

jwhitford88

Reaction score
Will all the apps I've purchased on my Droid immediately transfer to the tablet? No double purchasing?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
499 is nice... plus 150 for the dock?.... so 650 total? Hmm... product does look amazing and I want one (bad) none the less haha

You have just been post-pwned.

jwhitford88

Reaction score
To my knowledge it is $499 for tab and dock (16gig)

With SD support + Asus webstorage, I could never justify the 32 gig model

Diab210

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out just how important the onboard memory is. I don't really want to drop $500 on the 32gb version but at the same time I'm worried 16gb would eventually not be enough...

this thing ruined my 'wait for the second wave of tablets' theory.

jwhitford88

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out just how important the onboard memory is. I don't really want to drop $500 on the 32gb version but at the same time I'm worried 16gb would eventually not be enough...

My plan is to devote on board memory simply to apps for the improved performance and to use micro SD for all media, docs, etc. I can't see having more than 16 gigs of apps ... but I'll certainly try!!

drkow19

Reaction score

I think the 16 or 32 gigs is internal, but there is a microSD slot on the tablet and who doesn't have a 16 gig microSD card right now? So that basically makes it a little over $400 for 32 gigs, plus free cloud storage from Asus, plus an app from Asus to stream your PC's stuff over wifi to the tablet. This thing is set up to win.

bplewis24

Reaction score
Does this have any type of overlay on top of honeycomb, or is it vanilla?

There is no real overlay, but Asus has added a few apps and widgets (that you can remove). They have also changed the main menu icons on the bottom left of the home screen. They don't look much different to me, but reviews have indicated this.

Brandon