Asus Eee Pad Transformer Drops to $299.99 at Best Buy

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
eee-pad-transformer-best-buy-300.jpg

This is a deal that is hard to ignore. How does an Eee Pad Transformer from Asus for only $100 bucks more than the price of the Amazon Kindle Fire sound? Apparently, in anticipation for the hot demand of the Transformer Prime, Best Buy has dropped the price of its predecessor down to a svelt $300 bucks. Considering this tablet was one of the hottest devices on the market just a couple of months ago, that seems to be an attractive price drop. There's no indication how long this deal will last. Sound off in the forums if you plan on nabbing this great deal.

Source: TransformerForums via PhoneArena and BestBuy

nickb34

Reaction score
Wait for the prime to come out... it should be cheaper than $299 after that happens

widetc

Reaction score
I purchased one from Best Buy on black Friday for $249 and the keyboard for $99. That was a better deal then this $299 they are offering but still a good deal. It is suppose to get the update for ICS which is very nice. I may sell my current Transformer for the Prime at some point but not right now.

zevoman

Reaction score
What are the major differences between this Transformer and the Prime coming out other than release date? Longer battery life? Newer, faster processor? More memory?

jseah

Reaction score
What are the major differences between this Transformer and the Prime coming out other than release date? Longer battery life? Newer, faster processor? More memory?

This model Best Buy is selling is the "regular" Transformer. It has the Tegra 2 dual core processor with 16GB. It is the model TF101 while the Prime is model TF201. The Prime has the Tegra 3 quad core processor. The Prime is priced at $499/$599 for the 16GB/32GB models, respectively.

The model that Best Buy has marked down is the TF101-X1, which is really basically the TF101. I believe the -X1 is only available from Best Buy. It is probably one of those retailer specific models so it cannot be used for price matching.

Last edited:

bases1616

Reaction score
I bought the TF101-X1 from Best Buy too on Black Friday for $249. It is a great tablet that has Honeycomb 3.2 on it and is on the upgrade list for ICS. It has been running great and the video is pretty solid:)

ezizzle95

Reaction score
hey guys, should I jump on this now? or wait till it goes down more? and whats the difference between best buys version and then the regular version?

geoff5093

Reaction score
I bought my TF for $249 on BF as well with the $99 keyboard dock, love it!!

nikecar

Reaction score
This is the 16GB model. The 32 is still $449.