Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Question

pchakmak

Reaction score
I dropped my phone in the toilet. Everything seems to be working except for the speakers (I cant hear anything when I call) and the charging goes in and out. Has anyone used Asurion for water damage phones. I believe they cover it. Also, do I need to re lock my phone if I go through Asurion? Thanks guys.

Mike55

Reaction score
Just don't plan on using them again in a 12 month period. I had to get a new droid 2, then dropped my gnex and got tired of the cracked screen so went ahead and got the refurbed one. Well I got a letter in the mail saying since I had 2 claims in a 12 month period I was dropped.

Pretty stupid IMO. I pay monthly for the service plus pay $100 for the new phone. so paying $84-120 a year Than 100 for the phone they shouldn't drop you.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Just don't plan on using them again in a 12 month period. I had to get a new droid 2, then dropped my gnex and got tired of the cracked screen so went ahead and got the refurbed one. Well I got a letter in the mail saying since I had 2 claims in a 12 month period I was dropped.

Pretty stupid IMO. I pay monthly for the service plus pay $100 for the new phone. so paying $84-120 a year Than 100 for the phone they shouldn't drop you.

Its just like any other insurance. If you make too many claims on your house your home owners insurance will drop you too, even though you pay them. For the insurance company its an issue of liability, and someone who is always breaking their phone is considered a liability. Just sayn'