ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mac5217, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Mechanicat

Mechanicat New Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Z Force
    Apparently not 2 many here have much experience with the physical manufacturing of these fantastic devices. Each model is like a flash in the pan. Absolutely no manufacture can afford 2 sit on back stock technology. They have all moved on 2 the next refined improved upgraded version & r grateful if they sold out the last 1 or maybe they didn't because it was garbage. I discovered this way back when trying 2 replace my Motorola StarTac remember those? Insurance is an awesome offering from Version in an of it self but I wouldn't expect 2 get it replaced by the same model. Keeping my H²IDROID as safe as possible because its obsolete & irreplaceable much like my Harley-Davison #ridesafe

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

#97 Mechanicat, Jul 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  2. mrgoochio

mrgoochio Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lolwut?

10char

3. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was watching an old movie the other day, and I saw that phone, and I just couldn't remember the name.

4. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Asurion Sucks, BIG TIME! I also had a run in with them a few days ago over my daughters phone.(omnia) She dropped it at a party and someone stepped on it before she could pick it up and broke it. I switched her back to an old phone so she wouldn't be without a phone. They told me they would not cover it because it was not the phone on the line at the time of the claim. Even though verizon verified the phones had just been switched a few days prior, they still wouldn't replace it. I hope nothing happens to my droid, cause I'm not accepting anything less.

5. tgs3838

tgs3838 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well i just Powered my droid back up to see what it would do. And it came on and is working. Screen still has fog or whatever in it still. So i took battery back out and gonna let it dry out a little more. Really the droid has been a very good reliable phone. Iv dropped it many time. Got it wet a couple times. So hopefully it will be ok. Im kinda surprised because it was completely under the water for a few seconds. then took me a few more seconds to take the battery out. but it was fresh water so i think that help. I only lost one cell due to water. And that was salt water

6. oCrashandBurno

oCrashandBurno New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I called them today, if they offer you a lesser phone tell them that those phones are a downgrade. Sadly I can no longer hear the MP3's I play out of my droid because the speaker is broken, they were nice enough to put me on the wait list for an incredible and will ship it overnight when it comes in at no extra cost.

7. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I just realized my Droid is missing. I must have dropped it somewhere on the way home or at work.

So, Asurion will give me a Eris???? I want another Droid!!

8. coondogg97

coondogg97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ...Lies...

9. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just for referance, the Droid Eris is the DesireC last I heard. That might be why they say your getting a "Desire".

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. jmannguate

jmannguate New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a droid!

thank you all...i read every post on here regarding this issue and on another forum. i tripped on the stairs and had to choose between saving myself or my droid...chose myself...although after this headache should of chosen to save the phone...at least my health insurance wouldn't give me "comparable" service, haha. so my phone works screen is all cracked up and likes to shed glass particles onto my fingers. did my claim and was sent a eris yesterday. i was not happy. i had the option at signing 2 months ago to get the incredible or regular droid....chose droid because i need the keyboard! after talking to 2 different reps at asurion being told by them that they had none in stock and would not since motorola is no longer making the phone i took a 4 hour break from calling. decided to give in one more try. called and told the rep that the 2 phones that they were offering me, eris or devour, we're not comparable because of x,y,z...and armed with what i learned from this thread i shot all i could at her in the nicest way and all of a sudden, "oh wait, it seems we just recieved a shipment of droids".....few minutes later, i was told my droid will be delievered tomorrow. IT CAN BE DONE! DON'T SETTLE! its all on luck of who you are talking to, call a few times, and use what you know....eventually it will go in your favor.

11. smokiedabong

smokiedabong Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Man , this sux , hope they'll get rid of those Droids fast because I want to buy an Inc from them with 89 $ and sell my Droid on eBay .

12. drb26

drb26 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow...I also called, probably a few minutes difference from jmannguate...this may be lengthy but I really need all your advice! PLEASE! I'm sick of being screwed over! I appreciate any suggestions! Here goes: on Tuesday, someone stole my phone from me at target. I called asurion who gave me the option for the desire or eris. I just moved so I don't have the net to research phones so I called verizon to get their opinion...ivan was helpful and did a three way call and advocated for me. The asurion rep was super rude and hung up on us. Ivan told me we should wait til today,Friday to call back to see if we could poss. Get the droid x if mine wasn't available. Guess what? Ivan never called! =( so, after waiting all night/reading these threads, called verizon again. This rep wasn't nearly as good at arguing and when speaking with asurion again, they still say the only option is the eris and now want me to sign and fax an afidavid before even filing a claim! I am using my bf's droid since we don't have the internet yet and of course, the doc. Is not supported on the phone so I can't even print it. The rep also claimed to check all facilities and there were NO DROIDS IN STOCK but "they do get shipments ev eryday" I am so frustrated I feel ill! WHAT DO I NEED TO DO/SAY TO GET MY PHONE OR A COMPARABLE ONE???? What exaxtly should I say as my "x,y,z" argument??? PLEASE help me out! Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Search tags for this page
1-866-397-6496
asurion remanufactured
asurion remanufactured sticker
asurion saturday delivery
asurion sux

tec asurion single tier

tec asurion single tier - asurion
what is tec asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier - asurion