ASURION SUX! NO LONGER CARRIES Moto DROID!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by mac5217, Jul 15, 2010.

1. ragenrok

ragenrok New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    called asurion on monday for a replacment milestone, it just arrived this morning (wensday). Its a brand new phon in retail box with all accessories. I was told I only have to send them the old phone back, and I can keep the other 16gb card and the old battery.

2. tishabarr

tishabarr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Asurion tried to offer me the lesser models b/c they were out of droid 1's. I refused to take them. They said Verizon prohibited them from offering droid 2s, x's, or incredibles. I said that wasn't ok and I hung up. I sent them a semi angry email that night. The next day they called me and offered me a brand new, droid x. I took that deal, and it came the next day. This happened last week.

3. xxxwdp02lcdxxx

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you kidding me?

If you could hear the dilemma I went through the past 24 hours you wouldn't believe it. Long story short, I talked to 6 different people at Asurion and told them I refused to downgrade to an LG Ally or Moto Devour because my deductible was more than they sell those damn phones for and they told me my only option was to wait on the waitlist for a new Droid which would be 2-4 weeks. NOBODY would even consider giving me even a Droid 2 for my anger and mistreatment. I'm still awaiting what they're planning to do about it

4. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    So... I got my Droid from Asurion. They told me on the phone when I filed that it would be a new one. It was not. It was a refurb. It wouldn't take a charge properly and when I pulled the charging cord out it went into a boot loop.

I call the next day and they tell me they have no Droids. I have to wait a week or so. Meanwhile my phone randomly shuts off. It takes a charge now, but half the time I pull it out I have to turn it on. I never complain, but tomorrow I might just call and ***** some.

5. uconnkid3219

uconnkid3219 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow... I have a Droid X and I have always used Asurion's insurance coverage since I tend to drop my phones more often than I like to admit.

They BETTER have the Droid X in stock (new, not refurbed.. I'm not paying for a f***ing used phone) if/when I need a new one. I've been paying them for the last 5+ years I would say at least... and for them to try to DOWNGRADE me from one of the best phones on the market would REALLY piss me off. There would be hell to be raised, that is for sure.

Hope all of you experiencing issues with the Droid 1 replacement are able to get it resolved in your favor.

Pretty sweet that someone above me on this page got UPGRADED from the Droid 1 to the Droid X... kind of makes me jealous haha.

6. finner

finner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't over look getting your warranty through Square Trade Warranty. It is cheaper and easier than using Asurion. That is where I get all my electronic warranties.

7. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Have you ever made a claim with Square Trade? If they are good to work with I would switch over to them in a heartbeat! If you have more information and contact info there may be others that may be interested! Anybody else work with this company?

8. finner

finner New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I have processed a claim recently with them (my first with them). I had to pay a $50 deductible. I think I paid around $104 for a two year warranty on my droid. It covers it up to $599. I simply called them, they told me to take my phone to VZW and get a new one. Once I got the bill for it, they cut me a check for the amount in 3-5 days. It is very simple. Also, you can have more than one claim. I have a warranty on my digital camera that cost around $175 (for the camera) and it was $30 for a three year warranty. It is a little more if you get the accidental damage coverage, but it is worth it. Here is a link to check out...

SquareTrade Warranties | Extended Warranties for 70% Less Than Retail | Electronics Insurance Alternative

9. MrKleen

MrKleen Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Square Trade looks like a better deal. The only thing asurion has going for it is the convenience. But how convenient is it if they make it so hard to get a replacement?

After reading this entire thread I will no longer purchase my insurance from Verizon in the future.

#453 MrKleen, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2010
  10. rhinoj

rhinoj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Square Trade is a good company to deal with. However, if your phone is lost or stolen, there is no coverage.

11. markwebb

markwebb Active Member

Ratings:
    +27
    +1 ..... having that coverage makes Asurion a bit more desirable.

12. chr1sny

chr1sny New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used Asurion lately? I'm curious about what kind of phones they are offering. My droid's keyboard and headphone jack are starting to go.

Search tags for this page
1-866-397-6496
asurion remanufactured
asurion remanufactured sticker
asurion saturday delivery
asurion sux

tec asurion single tier

tec asurion single tier - asurion
what is tec asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier
wpp asurion single tier - asurion