1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Asurion sucks!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by dolfanpete, Aug 24, 2010.

1. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

This insurance company is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just got my phone back and what a joke.
  2. SonRK

SonRK New Member

Your replacement phone sucks?
  3. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Could you be a bit more descriptive of the problem? Did they give you a low end phone or a non-working phone or what? To simply say they are a joke is not very informative.
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1! What happened??
  5. dezymond

dezymond RS Lead Premium Member

the details are overwhelming...
  6. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

THIS INSURANCE COMPANY IS A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I JUST GOT MY PHONE BACK AND WHAT A JOKE.

1ST OF ALL...i pay 9 dollars a month for it, and here is what i get.

i get an obviously refurbished phone, i half expected that anyways. but the condition this phone is was a joke. it was all dinged up to hell, scratched screen. and the back tab on the camera eye wasn't flush with phone and actually lifted up in one of the corners!

on top of that after i activated it, it doesn't even work! it boots up to the main unlock screen, but get this when i slide to unlock it does not respond. it just sits there. i finally got it to slide open by a really unusually long press (hard) and got it. but nothing responds in the screen anyways. wow, this is not the service you would expect to recieve after spending so much money on a phone!!!

very ticked off
  7. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

sorry guys, i had accidentally hit submit and didn't realize it...i re wrote the thread
  8. Mojo

Mojo New Member

To the origanal poster...

I understand that sometimes when we are fustratied we just need to make statements. However your post is not helpfull nor productive of the fourms. I will allow you time to come in and respond to this thread and give some details so our members may be able to join in the conversation and help you find a solution for what ever your issues may be having with asurion and the equipment they sent you. But if you just needed to make a statement that they "suck" to express your opinion of the company that is fine as well. The statement has been noted. But the thread will be closed as a result.

Mojo
  9. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Threads now merged & closed...
  10. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Now we know what the issue is.. you have two options. (1) call asurion back and let them know that you are displeased with the equipment that they sent you and ask them to send another unit out to you. (2) go to a CORPORATE VZW store and let them see the equipment Asurion sent you and let them know (nicely) that you are displeased and have no faith that they will be able to send out good equipment to you and see if they can just replace it for you. But this must be done at a Corportate location.
  11. mth04

mth04 Premium Member Premium Member

Thread opened!
  12. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

I would be ticked too. I was wondering what condition the replacement phone could be in. One guy who I know also has a Droid and his is all scratched. Mine is in perfect condition and we have both had them since last November. I have heard people post that the reconditioned warranty replacements from Verizon are in fine condition. Since I have never dropped a phone since my first one about 10 years ago, I wonder if even having the insurance is of any value to me. I think the next time I get a new phone, I will just pay the extra $70 for the 1 year contract in case it dies in 13 months. Stories like this and the one in this thread make me seriously wonder about wasting money on Asurion insurance.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...asurion-sux-no-longer-carries-moto-droid.html

A few people here have said that they got Verizon help by going to a corporate store. Perhaps that is your best bet.
  13. dolfanpete

dolfanpete New Member

sorry for the delayed response..but i was on the phone with V and she was very helpful there. she got on the phone with the people at asurion, and wouldn't you know it, they "just " got a shipment of phones in and are sending me one next day. i hope this one is in better shape!! but yeah, i also am wondering if the 10 dollars a month is worth it as well...very frustrating!
  14. erikfig

erikfig New Member

This is why I don't believe in pain a monthly fee for a freaking insurance for my phones.
  15. TheOldFart

TheOldFart New Member

Sounds good. Aren't you lucky that they "just" got in a shipment. Hope you have better luck with this one.
  16. droidrob

droidrob New Member

good luck with that. i am on my 2nd replacement in 10 days because the quality of these phones is crap. the first replacement i got had a blown ear-piece speaker and the the screen was not set properly and light was leaking out all over the place.
    the one i have now has a huge dent in the rear speaker cover and a handful of dust under the glass screen. the screen is not set correctly on this one either and the light from the lower buttons is leaking between the screen and the glass and illuminates all of the dust under the glass. ASSurian tried to give me the devour etc... and i said hell NO. I've been calling and emailing Verizon with no luck on getting this resolved. damn it why cant they just get us the Droid 2. they have it in stock in all the stores around me in Houston. ive never had this problem with any other phones.
  17. Zer0-c00l

Zer0-c00l New Member

Try emailing Asurions CEO, there's a link on their contact us page. I wrote them 2 paragraphs saying i was upset. They called my cell ten minutes later. No lie.