asurion question

frankjc

Reaction score
My sons phone (original motorola droid)is trashed. The screen is shattered. The charger port hardly works. One of the buttons doesnt work. I want to file a claim but i am afraid they will deny the claim. Do they cover things like this or would they say it was abuse or misuse?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have coverage through Asurion, it should be covered. They'll likely replace it with something else, but it should be covered.

OP
F

frankjc

Reaction score
They did cover it. They sent a DROID 2. I activated it and it says no sim card detected. I dont see one in the old phone. It works but why does it say that? I thought Verizon did not use sims until 4 g?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
They did cover it. They sent a DROID 2. I activated it and it says no sim card detected. I dont see one in the old phone. It works but why does it say that? I thought Verizon did not use sims until 4 g?

It might be a Droid 2 Global, in which case it has a slot for a SIM card in case you go overseas and have to use another carrier with a SIM. Most carriers around the world are GSM, not CDMA like Verizon, and therefore would require a SIM to work. You should be able to completely ignore that SIM message.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
If it's a d2 global the sim slot is in the battery case. The phone will work just fine without it. If you want a sim, vz will send you one free.