Asurion question

tgs3838

Reaction score
Yea i might do that. I dont feel like sending the phone back with all my data and stuff on it. Even tho it prob wont work anyways

nateohio

Reaction score
Don't say it was stolen as they will want a police report.

Even then, How hard is it to go to a police station and file a police report? The dispatchers/admin staff are used to taking those kinds of reports.

Scimino

Reaction score
They do not ask for a police report. My bionic was stolen in February. They didn't ask for a police report. I did have to FAX them a affidavit however but u fill it out on your own.

bbtkd

Reaction score
You could call and tell them it drown. If they refuse it, say....um....it was stolen!

I did hear of a case where they refused to replace one dropped in a lake out of a boat because they said taking a phone out in a boat is misuse, which is not covered.

deduct

Reaction score
tgs3838 said:
Well yesterday I dropped my phone into the water. I let it dry out for a while and tried to fire it back up. It comes on fine and stays on for about 2 minutes before it restarts itself. So i guess its done. My question is does Asurion comer water damage? I tried to google it but couldnt find out for sure. Dont wana make a claim for that then have them tell me its not covered.

And by 'dropped into the water '.....you mean ' dropped into the toilet'.

Sent from my hon3yscr3am th3amed kin3tx bionic

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asurion is supposed to cover water damage. It's one of the things they brag about.

Funny; some time ago someone posts that they dropped their Bionic. It hit a puddle and the camera stopped working. The water indicators weren't triggered so I said to take it in to a Verizon store and tell them the camera stopped working. I also said don't mention the water as the fall was probably the culprit and if water was mentioned that's what they'd jump on. Most of the replies was that I was giving the wrong information by not telling Verizon about the water as that would be lying. Here the advise is to say it was stolen. Ah well.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
Yeah, you'll get the camp of people who is morally upright/uptight and will jump on gaming the system. And then they'll do something crooked like tether and say it's okay to disregard the contract you signed with Verizon. Oh well.

I'm sure Asurion covers water damage. It's supposed to be the insurance that covers anything as long as you didn't do something stupid on purpose.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asurion is supposed to cover water damage. It's one of the things they brag about.

Funny; some time ago someone posts that they dropped their Bionic. It hit a puddle and the camera stopped working. The water indicators weren't triggered so I said to take it in to a Verizon store and tell them the camera stopped working. I also said don't mention the water as the fall was probably the culprit and if water was mentioned that's what they'd jump on. . Most of the replies was that I was giving the wrong informtion as by not telling Verizon about the water as that would be lying. Here the advise is to say it was stolen. Ah well.

That's because the right people haven't seen this yet. :)

Asurion covers it, don't lie about it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check this document, search for "water" - it says over and over again water damage is covered (assuming you have Total Equipment Coverage). If they give you a hard time b/c you were on a boat or something silly like that, talk to a manager. Though, if you're on a boat and drop it in a lake, it's also lost, I'm assuming - so that wouldn't be lying... :tongue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/urmwj47hmp1rzsy/ASVZW-247-Kit-NW-iPhone.pdf

:closed_2: