1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Asurion question

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by DROID11, May 31, 2011.

1. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

So I accidentally dropped my tbolt the other day from hip height onto a tile floor and ended up with a cracked and spider-webbed screen. I honestly don't want to do an asurion claim for this as I hate asurion and don't want to spend $100 for a new phone when this is fully functional (for now) but would consider it if I knew I was getting a brand new phone not a refurbished piece of asurion garbage. Is there a sure fire way to get a brand new and not refurbished phone from them? Being that these are so new am I likely to get a new one anyways?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  2. Droid592

Droid592 New Member

You may or may not get a new one there's no way to tell its whatever they send you.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

you will get a new phone, my friend just had to file a claim. first phone had a slight defect and they sent him a second brand new phone.
  4. btf_firefighter

btf_firefighter New Member

I know the couple times I had to get a new phone from them they sent me new in the box everytime. Never got a refurbished phone. But then again it was never a smartphone either. I wouldnt except a refurbished phone. I hate when verizon gives me a refurbished phone when ever I have problems with my phone
  5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

That is not always the case....A refurb is most normal.
  6. Murker

Murker New Member

A few years ago, my girlfriend had the Chocolate and the touch dial thingy was messed up, she filed the max of 2 claims and was sent a refurb'd both times.

Not a smartphone, but still, these phones look liked they came out of some evil teenagers pocket, with lint and all.

Very very disappointing, which is why this time when I upgrade, I will not be getting the insurance on any of our phones.

I would "hope" that with smartphones, they would at least have the courtesy to send a back a decent product.
  7. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

I went ahead and bit the bullet and did a claim. They said it would come with a battery, a home charger (both which i expected) and a memory card which led me to believe it may be new. Fingers crossed as I hate refurbished-from-Asurion garbage. If its not brand new I will call and complain until they send a brand new one. Spending the monthly premiums and the $100 for a deductible I want a brand new phone since it will cost them maybe $10 to repair this one and send to someone as a refurb.
  8. Droid592

Droid592 New Member

All I can say is good luck man, ill tell you right now your not gonna get a new phone I've done claims with them and only once have I gotten a new phone and it was because they did not have any in stock. The policy states that you will get a refurb phone no where does it say they must give you a new one, the memory card ur even lucky to get.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  9. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

Thankfully I am now sending this message from my brand new thunderbolt. I would assume they don't have any refurbs yet. It came in the OEM box with all OEM accessories so I'm positive its brand new. Now I have an extra 32gb card and a second battery.
  10. BrendanR

BrendanR New Member

They will check for the battery and sd card and charge retail for them.

11. DROID11

DROID11 New Member

No they won't. they told me to keep them and the return envelope they gave me specifically said to not include the battery.

12. Droid592

Droid592 New Member

Ummm no they wont, when you receive the package if you read and FOLLOW the instructions it specifically states ONLY SEND THE PHONE BACK. Meaning not the battery, SD Card, Charger, or battery door cover.
  13. TRIKOTRET

TRIKOTRET New Member

Yea when I replaced my OG DROID I ended up with 3 memory cards. They specifically say don't ship battery and memory card with old phone

Search tags for this page
accidentally sent sd card back to asurion
are asurion phones refurbished
asurion deductible galaxy s4
asurion htc one replacement

asurion verizon cracked screen

does assurion charge a core on lost phones

how much does asurion charge

how much does asurion charge for a lost phone

how much does asurion charge for lost phone

how much does asurion charge to replace phone
how much does it cost to file a claim with asurion for a cra
how much will asurion charge for damaged phone?
how to get a new phone from asurion
how to get a new phone with asurion instead of a refurbished
how to get rezond from asuron