Asurion plans to offer Droid X and Incredible as Droid 1 replacement

imgrtful

Reaction score
she did this at a vzw store and was told they couldnt get one and wouldnt give her a D2 or X.she lives in another city than me and i cant get up there with her.i needed to go up there too but couldnt get the motivation up to go.the charging port on the side of the Droid is messed up and the charger cord fits very loose in it.but i wont give them my Droid since im rooted to fix it.just want them to look at it and tell me if its an easy fix

SonRK

Reaction score
Such is my luck, THREE of my keys popped out and I'm hoping to get it replaced with a Droid X if possible :D

I tried doing an online claim, but it says since it wasn't lost or damaged physically (via Drop) and I have Total Equipment Coverage I have to go through Verizon.....

713King

Reaction score
How do you guys get so lucky walking out of VZ store with a brand new droid? I had 2 phones sent out to me and both phones got sent back because of loose screen and flat keyboard. Its a lot of bs over here in Houston with these cheap reps.

imgrtful

Reaction score
well i talked to her today and she said shes been doing it over the phone.what they told her is they dont have any D1's right now but will give her an alley or devour instead untill the get the D1 in.the thing is,they wont notify her when they get them in.she has to check back in 3-4 weeks to see if there is any in then submit to them that she wants to trade the phone they gave her for a D1.sounds to me like shes getting hosed by big red or asurion.so i told her she needs to physically go to a VZW store and demand equal or better in replacement.will update when i know more

Dedic761

Reaction score
I just called yesterday and they are sending me a droid 1 as a new replacement for my droid 1 with bad speaker and loose screen.

Nick

ryanovelo

Reaction score
I filed my claim last week and I received a refurbed D1 the next day...However, it's carp so I have to get another replacement. It drops every call I make...Hopefully the new phone will be an X or 2, doubt it.

xmguy

Reaction score
I filed my claim last week and I received a refurbed D1 the next day...However, it's carp so I have to get another replacement. It drops every call I make...Hopefully the new phone will be an X or 2, doubt it.

Do you have to pay and file another claim to get the replacement replaced?

ryanovelo

Reaction score

Do you have to pay and file another claim to get the replacement replaced?

No - as long as you didn't physically damage it. It has a 1 year software warranty, but I'm sure they would work with you on a defective part...They tried trouble shooting over the phone with me for about 30 minutes. She then told me that if it messed up again within 7 days of the conversation they would replace it with no questions asked (without troubleshooting again). Again, this is for a software related issue only.

slinky

Reaction score
OMG droid incredibles in STOCK!!!..hurry LOL

It is the best phone I've owned so far... really love the speed. Bought the Seidio 3500mAh battery and the thing lasts forever. It's not even much different in size or weight from the Droid 1 with it. Amazing. I hate screen keyboards but this is just overall a pretty good phone.

SlyHusky

Reaction score
No Inc. for droid 1

Just went through the claim file to see if they are offering a droid inc. and they have a droid 1 on backorder, which you can wait for or get the eris or devour now.

Bummer. Hopefully they will put up some droid x love for us.

PS this was from asurion.

Justbags

Reaction score
I got a excellent quality Droid 1 two days ago from asurion. It has been a pain much like everyone else as been experiencing. I am extremely careful with my phone and even survived an entire summer of summer camp (on crutches I might add) without dropped the darn thing, but wouldn't you know on the last day when we are going to a dinner with the staff I would get out of my car, and there on the floor is my D1 with a shattered screen.

I eventually called to get my replacement from Asurion, seemed painless (at first), and it says back ordered and will take 4-7 days. UHG! That very night though, we get a notification that the phone is in, and I can complete my order. So I do and the next day at 6pm my phone shows up. All seems well (Except my keyboard is not the same as my old phone, but thats another story) until the next day when I pop it into my car dock and try to make a call home and find the hadphone jack is messed up.

So I call Asurion again, and again it seems very painless, until I hear YET AGAIN the phones are on back order! 4 to 7 days... No email that night, but im okay, because I can live with a broken headphone jack for awhile. 3 days go by and finally I get a notification that it ready to be ordered... (Question: Why can't they just fill the dang order when it comes in, why do I have to sit by my PC waiting for them to tell me, "On ur mark, get set, GO! ORDER! hurry! we are going to run out again!!!") This one came and it seems to be flawless, and not a refurb... The last one had a big white sticker saying refurb in the back and covering the serial numbers... This one does not.

After all is said and done I did end up with:

- 2 16 GB Micro SD cards (Nice surprise)
- 2 USB Chargers (With the wall adapters)
- 1 Wall adapter (That is long as Heck so I dont have to stay attached to the wall when charging my phone!)
- 3 Batteries

So I'm happy with Asurion, but they really need help with their equipment checks!

naccout

Reaction score
Just filed a claim cause I cracked the screen a few weeks ago...

Offered me the Devour or the "HTC Droid" which I argued with the rep about no such phone existing.

"Do you mean the Droid Incredible?"

"No. The 'HTC Droid.' Check Verizon's website."

"I'm quite familiar with all Android phones, and there is not a phone by that name."

"Yes, there is."

"No. Are you sure you don't mean the Droid Incredible?"

"HTC Droid."

"Can I speak to your manager?"

"Yes."

Manager said the same damn thing, except that he was sure it was definitely not the Droid Incredible. Ok...now I realize they meant the Hero/Eris. Sure as hell glad I didn't accept that...