Asurion insurance = CRAP!

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Asurion is absolute garbage. Everytime I have dealt with them I get a tingly feeling all over me. I recently upgraded to the Razr. It wasnt by choice. My touch screen stopped working on a phone I received from Asurion a month prior. Apparently I wasnt convincing enough that the phone stopped working on its own and they flat accussed me of dropping it. I tried to claim it on the insurance which since I had already claimed two phones in a year time period it was cut off the month prior. End result is I had to buy a new phone. I bought the phone at Best Buy so that I could take advantage of their insurance instead. Ive seen good reviews on it and it seems alot better to me. Its two bucks more per month but there is no deductible. Also, if you break your phone you just go there instead of waiting for two days or whatever amount of time it takes. I have four phones on my plan so as soon as the other ones are available for an upgrade I will buy them from Best Buy as well. Ive emailed Verizon to let them know that they lost that sale of the phone. Hopefully if enough people bash Asurion to Verizon they will get rid of them.

BTW, if you crash your car you call YOUR insurance company not the insurance company forced upon you by the manufacturer or dealer.
First things first: I edited a word out of your reply. Please keep it family friendly.

Second: Asurion agreement states 2 replacements in a 12 month period. You will also receive a certified like new phone.

Third: Check that awesome Best Buy insurance plan - if you get your phone wet, which happens A LOT, it is not covered under the Best Buy insurance. If you don't believe me, give them a call.

Have a nice day.

Insidious

Reaction score
Hey someone else is having issues with the D2!
:b like shadez said, that doesn't sound right. Id keep trying if I were you. I don't have asurion, and my D2G is going ballistic on me so im pretty screwed.

Sent from my Cellular telecommunications device, manufactured by Motorola.

jdiddy5637

Reaction score
First things first: I edited a word out of your reply. Please keep it family friendly.

Second: Asurion agreement states 2 replacements in a 12 month period. You will also receive a certified like new phone.

Third: Check that awesome Best Buy insurance plan - if you get your phone wet, which happens A LOT, it is not covered under the Best Buy insurance. If you don't believe me, give them a call.

Have a nice day.

First things first: sorry for the boderline bad language.

Second: As im sure the agreement says that, how many people actually read it when they rushed to buy the newest phone? How many wouldnt have bought it had they read the agreement? Im guessing none. After my second phone a simple email wouldve been nice to let me know I no longer had coverage. Also, I shouldnt have had to use coverage considering I only had the phone a month and it stopped working on its own. Asurion is a rip off that you have to live with if you want any protection.

Third: Called Best Buy about their "awesome insurance plan" The rep said yes it is covered. Only things not covered by the plan are lost and stolen. Who said it was awesome anyway? I was just happy to inform people there is another option out there. Thought thats what this forum was about. Im happy you like Asurion, I happen to think they are garbage. Do you work for Asurion or have some sort of stock in the company? If so please fix their costumer service

Have a spectactular New Year :D

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Look I haven't read all the responses or whatnot, but it sounds like you just have a software issue that can be easily rectified through SBFing. Crap battery life, connectivity issues, etc.

kparks

Reaction score
Even if it was still under mfr warranty they would still send a refurbished

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First things first: sorry for the boderline bad language.

Second: As im sure the agreement says that, how many people actually read it when they rushed to buy the newest phone? How many wouldnt have bought it had they read the agreement? Im guessing none. After my second phone a simple email wouldve been nice to let me know I no longer had coverage. Also, I shouldnt have had to use coverage considering I only had the phone a month and it stopped working on its own. Asurion is a rip off that you have to live with if you want any protection.

Third: Called Best Buy about their "awesome insurance plan" The rep said yes it is covered. Only things not covered by the plan are lost and stolen. Who said it was awesome anyway? I was just happy to inform people there is another option out there. Thought thats what this forum was about. Im happy you like Asurion, I happen to think they are garbage. Do you work for Asurion or have some sort of stock in the company? If so please fix their costumer service

Have a spectactular New Year :D
Lost or stolen isn't an important issue to you? Check the statistics out on that when it comes to insurance replacements. I appreciate the fact you think I have stock or have something to do with Asurion, but I can guarantee I have nothing to do with them except understand what the insurance covers and what it doesn't. I apologize if you don't take the time to read agreements before you sign them. Sort of like you saying in your reply that until you called Best Buy back that you didn't apparently know that their better insurance plan than Asurion doesn't cover lost or stolen phones.

For amusement purposes only, watch the South Park Human Centipede episode, you might start reading those agreements then. :D

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even if it was still under mfr warranty they would still send a refurbished

Warranty covers defects from the manufacturer, you will get a certified like new replacement, unless it occurs within the first 14 days of receiving the new phone, then they will swap it for a new one. Insurance covers lost/stolen, water damage, or breakage of the phone.

kparks

Reaction score
Warranty covers defects from the manufacturer, you will get a certified like new replacement, unless it occurs within the first 14 days of receiving the new phone, then they will swap it for a new one. Insurance covers lost/stolen, water damage, or breakage of the phone.

Well is a clnr a refurbished phone or are they different??? Lol i was under the assumption they are the same.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well is a clnr a refurbished phone or are they different??? Lol i was under the assumption they are the same.

a CLNR is a Certified Like New Replacement. It used to be called "FRU", but is the same thing as a CLNR, which is refurbished.

me_droid

Reaction score
This thread is old but I wanted to report my experience with Asurion. One of my kids dropped their iphone 4 (iphone yuck! but kids will be kids) wading around at the beach, recovered it but it was dead. I completed the online claim process in about 10 minutes and they overnighted a new iphone, after a $169 deductible. So yes, Asurion does indeed cover water damage. Just recently my other kid had THEIR iphone 4 stolen - it wasn't so easy this time. I had to complete an affidavit with my info, phone IMEID, photocopy of my driver's license and signature. I was a bit miffed about this and called in and was told by a fast talking rep that "it was to protect my information". How likely is that? Between them and Verizon they know everything about me! The rep would/could not answer my questions - I assume they have a script and orders not to stray from it. So I uploaded the affidavit.

To their credit, they approved the replacement in less than 24 hours, did not require a police report, and the next day my kid had their precious iphone. Because they didn't have the 8gb model in stock they replaced it with the 16 gb model, so no complaints there.

Asurion insurance worked well for me especially since both kids were at school out of state when they damaged/lost their phones, and they had replacements almost immediately with no need for them to do anything. As a parent that was critical - if you are in that situation you want your kids to have access to a phone every minute. True there's email and chat, but they aren't going to be lugging their laptops around with them everywhere whereas you know the phone will be with them always.

I'm guessing I had to do the affidavit for the stolen phone because Asurion would be getting nothing in return (except my monthly payments!) and if there were fraud involved they need the info to nail you proper. I figure with the years of payments I have made to Asurion and the deductibles I broke even on these two iphone replacements, but the real value was that replacements got to the kids in a very rapid and fairly hassle free fashion. Otherwise they would have had to go out and buy temp pay as you go phones (like you find at 7 Eleven) while I had to figure out whether they would be getting smart phones again and how I would pay for it, plus informing all our friends and family of their new temp numbers, etc, etc.

I've heard horror stories in regard to dealing with Asurion, but in all fairness at least for me they worked out well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Glad you had a good experience :)