1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

asurion care about root? easiest way to unroot?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bmb0205, Aug 16, 2011.

1. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

So right now I'm running Ultimate Droid on my D1, and my phone says I have Android Version 2.3.3.

Does Asurion care about root or is it just verizon? I got a new phone cause this one is beat to hell and I need to send this one back to Asurion for the insurance claim. Do I need to unroot it or can I just say "screw it"? FYI this phone is tapped together (not on the slide track anymore) and the screen is shattered.

If I need to unroot, what is the easiest way? I think I used z4 root to root it back in the day...

On second thought unrooting seems to be a bit of work, maybe I'll just cut the data line from the screen to the phone so they can't tell...lol kind of srs

thoughts?
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Axium

Axium New Member

unrooting is a lot easier than you think, just flash a stock SBF file with RSDLite and its like your phone came straight outa a verizon store itself
  3. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

edit* see below post
  4. bmb0205

bmb0205 New Member

Just followed this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/80664-unroot-back-stock-2-2-without-sbf-rsd-lite-droid-1-only.html

A
    nd now it says I have:

Version: 2.2
    Baseband: C_01.43.01P
    Kernel: 2.6.32.9-g974c292 android build@apa26 #1
    Build: FRG22D

Am I now unrooted completely? Super user permissions aren't in my menu, I'll try downloading a rooted app and see if it works. Edit* I don't want to reactivate this ****ty phone to download an app to see if I have root. Can anyone tell me from the above info?

edit* now updates are rolling it, FRG83G is what I have now. I think I'm good to go at stock and will send tonight
Search tags for this page
asurion and rooted phones
asurion insurance rooted phone

asurion rooted

asurion rooted phone

do i need to unroot for asurion
does asurion cover rooted phoens
filing claim with asurion rooted
rooted asurion
rooted galaxy s4 asurion
send rooted phone to asurion