Asurion and Droids?

lockman

Reaction score
Before getting my Droid in Dec., I never, ever, had a brand new phone last more than a few weeks. I always looked forward to walking into VZW to get my FRU. They are always better than new units. And considering my Droid being 6 months old, a replacement may outlast me.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
what about if i just want a new phone cuz mine is beat up and i tell them i dropped it on the pool well they make me send my old one back?

other than that being fraud, yes you have to send your old one back.

im just asking mine perfectly fine

AS long as you have insurance, you can call them and give them any reasonable excuse to use the service and they will send you a refurbished phone. However, you have to pay the deductible and send back your old one or you will be charged a new phone.

dclutter1

Reaction score
what about if i just want a new phone cuz mine is beat up and i tell them i dropped it on the pool well they make me send my old one back?
I don't know if the insurance covers water damage but it does cover "loss".

OP
S

Sounds

Reaction score
I just got my replacement droid from asurion from the UPS guy. And I am glad to say that I am very pleased at the outcome (so far). My SD card and everything came included. Phone was a little warm, but I'm sure those trucks reach high temperatures. I even got earphones I never had before...

darimini

Reaction score
Anyone who's received a replacement from Asurion who did NOT get a new battery, SD card, etc. should call them and look into it. Maybe you have a different plan than I do, but when I filled out my claim online, it ASKED me if I needed a new charger, etc., and informed me that it would definitely come with a new SD card and battery. Maybe that's because I dropped mine in the water?

Since my plan covers loss, I would have been covered to have a whole new phone sent to me, had I indicated that the phone was gone on my claim. I'm not sure, but the deductible might also have been the same. Is it possible people are being careless with the way they fill out these claims? If you make sure you fill it out properly, you should get everything you need.

As an added note, I filed my claim at 6pm and got my new phone in my hands at 5pm the next day without paying extra (nothing over the way too high deductible, that is!) Tell you something else... I'll be buying a waterproof case today.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Ok, let's play nice....

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, let's play nice....

I apologize for my mild "flame" in my apparently deleted post *LOL* But you have to admit, his/her post; combined with their forum name, just set themself up for it!

sos567656765

Reaction score
I have used asurion before (never with verizon) and have always gotten a brand new phone. I was under the impression that all asurion clams were new phones and you got the referbs by doing warranty exchanges.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I called Asurion because my touchscreen went crazy last week. My replacement arrived the next day and was brand new in a brand new box with battery, charger, sd card, manuals, etc. They wanted back JUST the phone so I now have an extra sd card, charger, battery, etc.

The box is smaller than my original box but it is definitely brand new. Not a generic white box. Also, the new SD card is a class 4. The old one was a class 2. So the new one is better.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I have used asurion before (never with verizon) and have always gotten a brand new phone. I was under the impression that all asurion clams were new phones and you got the referbs by doing warranty exchanges.

nope pretty much all phones from assurion are certified like new phones (aka referbs) but you cant tell the difference between them anyway.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
The certified refurbs are nice. I've never had an issue with them. But if they don't have any, you'll get a new one, like I did. Usually if they are new, they will be in original box with all manuals and stock accessories. If they are refurbs they are usually JUST a phone in a plain white box and usually have an Asurion sticker in the battery component somewhere.

ferg16125

Reaction score
Asurion is no company to trust...

I recently cracked the screen on my Verizon Wireless phone, which is a Motorola Droid. I called Asurion and paid the $50 deductible so that i could receive another phone. I waited until i received my phone, charged the battery as stated, and finally activated the phone. As soon as the phone was activated I began checking for any technical defects. To my surprise, I found one within 30 seconds of use! To make a long story short, over half of the keys on my keypad didn't work at all. Also, the phone kept freezing constantly for 30-45 seconds at a time. To be honest I actually expected that something would be erroneous because I have heard from many credible sources that many refurbished phones are of an extremely low quality. This experience greatly upset me because I am a small business owner and I consider my phone to be my lifeline. I find it extremely hard, if not impossible, to operate my business without it.
I have not contacted Verizon or Asurion about this issue because they are closed until the morning. I plan to contact Verizon first and explicitly state my displeasure with the whole situation. Hopefully they will recognize that my phone is still under the 1 year warranty ( and therefore SHOULD replace my phone WITHOUT me PAYING because it's a TECHNICAL defection) and make the experience as painless as possible. If not, I have a feeling that I will have to suffer many hours on the phone with Asurion representatives and managers until the issue is resolved. I will report the results as soon as the issue is resolved so that others may learn from my experience.