Astro VS. Es

Mr. Pennstate

Reaction score
Can someone elaborate on what the differences are between the two and which one is easier to use or a better manager. Thanks in advance.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can give you what I like about EStrongs... (i haven't used astro so I can't comment)

Simple to navigate. Clipboard always accessible on bottom of screen (tap)... makes cut/copy/pasting very simple.

can access your PC's shared folder via wi-fi... no servers to download to your PC.

easily transfer files between PC and Droid without connecting your USB cable.

Silver Member
Reaction score
ES seems like it has a lighter footprint than Astro but for some reason, i remember Astro being integrated into the OS more than ES. it seems liek you could use Astro to attach and download any file that isn't associated with an application (a complaint expressed by many).

i can't specifically recall if this is true or not, but i know ES doesn't do this. can anyone confirm?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ES seems like it has a lighter footprint than Astro but for some reason, i remember Astro being integrated into the OS more than ES. it seems liek you could use Astro to attach and download any file that isn't associated with an application (a complaint expressed by many).

i can't specifically recall if this is true or not, but i know ES doesn't do this. can anyone confirm?

i'm not sure... what kind of file are you talking about?

Silver Member
Reaction score

i'm not sure... what kind of file are you talking about?
anything that doesn't have some sort of file association. say, a .bin file. android will reject it, but these file managers don't care.