Astro Video Player Crash and then Logo Loop

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
Good reboot that time...without plugged into USB. Waiting on it to finish.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
K, I'll do a reboot and check it out to see if no audio and then if so, I'll check out bugless beast.

If worst comes to worst, would rooting it be the problem? Would it be a good idea to see if it works by going back to the original image? Just wondering. Rebooting now.

Oh and thanks for the help here...

Worste case scenario go back to stock. The thing is sometimes things just don't work together for some phones. Kinda weird but some can have no issues with the same setup and others lots of problems. Another thing to try is maybe a different kernel. Do you know what you're using right now?

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
K...I guess the file I was testing with, didn't have working audio like it should have. In any case, I did find a file that did have audio and it worked. I went to try another file (a movie) and it started to play, with audio and then it came back with an application galery force close error message.

Next step? Load Bugless Beast? I'm thinking so...

I've got a complete black screen now and it won't go to home.

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
Just the kernel that came with the Ultimate Droid load.

I agree, the best thing I guess is to just start back all over and then try it from there.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Just the kernel that came with the Ultimate Droid load.

I agree, the best thing I guess is to just start back all over and then try it from there.

Something happened somewhere.....go back to stock and see if it'll work. Can't hurt at this point.

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
I pulled the battery and I'm gonna try to start it after letting it sit for a few minutes.

I got as far as the setup screen for Google accounts before it stopped.

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
I let it set for a second before going to sign into my google account...It appears to be syncing now...

OP
B

bryanc1

Reaction score
Guess I'm gonna go take it back to the Verizon store and have it replaced. It sounds like it's fried based on what I was reading online....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Actually its looping now because you went from a 2.1 ROM back to 2.0.1 without wiping data and cache. See if you can do that it should stop the boot loops.