Astro in Godmode?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by hexdaemon, Jun 17, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. hexdaemon

hexdaemon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been unable to edit system files with Astro, even in Godmode. I've been entering in the terminal:

su
    sysrw
    godmode

And while I can access system files, I can't move/delete/edit them at all. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I should be doing, too?

I wouldn't mind downloading Root Explorer, but this problem is making me worried that even Root Explorer won't work, and that the problem isn't with the app itself, but with some setting I may have selected.

Any help would be appreciated!
  2. OSX2000

OSX2000 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Root Explorer will work, it's never failed me. I don't even try modifying system files with Astro.
  3. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    get root explorer.
  4. KpAtch3s

KpAtch3s Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've never had a problem using astro. Perhaps you aren't familiar with it? Simply long press on the desired file then press edit then some options should appear such as move or delete. Hope this helps.
  5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +270
    Seems like the problem is SU permission. It asks right away for some programs, but for whatever reason the ninja is unthreatened by Astro and takes his sweet old time to getting around to asking if you want to grant permission.

I don't fully understand it, but it will tell me godmode is enabled but I can't edit/move system files. Then after I get SU permission I can enable godmode and do that.
  6. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Which files are you trying to edit exactly? Next release I will update godmode to allow you to use astro to edit them :)
  7. hexdaemon

hexdaemon New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was actually just going to enable the Virtual Memory settings that were commented out in /system/etc/sysctl.conf like your other thread mentioned, but I could never get the file to save.

Although I think Kodiak is right, Astro has never asked me for SU permissions. Is there a way to grant it without it having to ask me? Did it eventually just ask you one time?

Thanks for everyone's help.
  8. MyDroid23

MyDroid23 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I typed switchmms in te in godmode before I dled one of your livewallpaper.apk assuming it would just switch and it ended up deleting the neural network lwp I was using. Then I realized I probably need to dl the livewallpaper.apk I want to switch to. After dling I moved it from download file in astro to the root of the sd card thinking I could use rom manager>download from sd card to install it, but it doesn't appear. I attempted to long press the lwp.apk in astro to install but it says not installed. Any help will be much appreciated.
  9. sfaguy

sfaguy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i have created a few playlists, however i have no idea how to delete any playlist. please help.
Search tags for this page

astro cannot delete files

astro delete system files

astro file manager permissions

astro file manager root mode

astro file manager set permissions

astro file manager won't delete files

astro file manager wont delete apk

change permissions astro file manager

changing system file with astro

grant astro root access