Astro Files

eyexam

Reaction score
I downloaded Astrofiles to work with arranging my own files. Can't seem to figure it out- doesn't show me any way to move files around- am I missing something obvious??? (wouldn't be the first time....)

thanks
Jeff

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
are you talking about astro file manager?
If so, long press the file, select edit then move. Then long press on the new folder > edit > paste.
For multiple files hit the multi option on the header, select the files, select copy or move from the header and relocate accordingly ...
Hope that helps.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes use long press to manipulate files..

mikeofmikes83

Reaction score
Use the menu key at the bottom of your phone in conjunction with the scrollable tool bar at the top

airborne3e9

Reaction score
uninstall astro and install androzip....its file size is much smaller and it doesnt expire...i used astro for months until someone pointed androzip out to me...it does pretty much everything astro does

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
AH, LONG press....always forget that one.

THANKS
Jeff

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I downloaded Astrofiles to work with arranging my own files. Can't seem to figure it out- doesn't show me any way to move files around- am I missing something obvious??? (wouldn't be the first time....)
A lot of functions related to manipulating files (copy, delete, move, paste, rename) are hidden under Edit.

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
Hmm, OK will check that out....

thanks

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
uninstall astro and install androzip....its file size is much smaller and it doesnt expire...i used astro for months until someone pointed androzip out to me...it does pretty much everything astro does

+1 Androzip. It seems to run a lot faster than Astro too, especially when dealing with huge numbers of folders/files. I still use Astro for some things, like the image viewer and file editor, but for most folder/file manipulation, Androzip works much better.

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
I did upload androzip and it looks great. Problem now is that whenever I try to create a new folder, it says "cannot create a new folder". How do I do this???
This was the whole reason I wanted this app....

thanks
Jeff

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
I did upload androzip and it looks great. Problem now is that whenever I try to create a new folder, it says "cannot create a new folder". How do I do this???
This was the whole reason I wanted this app....

thanks
Jeff

Huh, never had that problem. I open androzip, navigate to where I want the new folder, hit menu->create new folder, type in the new folder name, and there it is. Are you trying to create it to somewhere you don't have write access, maybe? Like not on the SD card...?

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
The main thing I want to do here is create some new folders for my pictures. I go to DCIM (./sdcard/DCIM) and hit "new folder"; name field comes up and I type in a name for the new folder; hit enter and "cannot create new folder" message comes up.

Next????
thanks
Jeff

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
The main thing I want to do here is create some new folders for my pictures. I go to DCIM (./sdcard/DCIM) and hit "new folder"; name field comes up and I type in a name for the new folder; hit enter and "cannot create new folder" message comes up.

Next????
thanks
Jeff

My guess is that maybe that folder is only writable by the camera. Try creating something like ./sdcard/pics and putting your subfolders in there. You'll have to copy your photos from DCIM to your new folders manually, but the Gallery app will still find them in the new folders.

OP
E

eyexam

Reaction score
BTW, I am doing all of this ON the phone, not linked up to my PC. Is that the problem?? I guess I could just cord it over and try it that way.....
Let's see how that works.
Well, just tried to do ANY folder by phone and it doesn't do it there either....

thanks

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
BTW, I am doing all of this ON the phone, not linked up to my PC. Is that the problem?? I guess I could just cord it over and try it that way.....
Let's see how that works.
Well, just tried to do ANY folder by phone and it doesn't do it there either....

thanks

Nope, I always create mine without the cord, just on the Droid with Androzip. No idea what would be preventing you from creating folders wherever you want. Are you rooted or stock?