Astro File Manager

txflea

Reaction score
I need a little help. I have a droid Bionic (my 3rd one in less than 4 months) and I installed astro file manager on my last phone and backed up all my apps, I now have the new phone and I need to transfer them over, but they are not showing up. How do I do this instead of having to go to the market and do it one at a time?
The verizon operator told me to use this app and it was suuuuper simple etc and they would be there but they are not..... so HELP!?!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Open astro, go to APPLICATION BACKUP, select BACKED UP APPS, open settings, and then INSTALL. Just check all the apps to install all of them.

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
There is no settings. And they are not there

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
I'm just so mad right now. I backed them all up and now they are not there so I have to do this one stupid app at a time. Its only 124 apps. Grr I hate this phone!!!!

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hit the menu key for settings to appear. Did you backup the apps initially?

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
Yep I backed them up initally, double checked to make sure they were there then did a factory reset of the old phone, got the new phone in today and downloaded astro file manager like he told me to do and they are not there anywhere. Sorry I am just very frustrated with this phone to the point of wanting to scream.

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
When I go to astro - then application backup - backed up apps tab - then hit the menu key - the options i have are install, delete, sort by, and preferences. when you click preferences it shows nothing. I give up.

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
Nope none. It's ok I probably did something wrong, I am just re-downloading all of them now. One at a time. I am just hoping I dont have to get another phone again. I refuse to this again!

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
I had the same issue today. I found the folder with the backups on the phone storage, SD not SD-ext. I made a copy of the file and placed it in the same place on my new phone and they then showed up for me to reinstall. I see you wiped your phone so this wont work for you but will help out next time.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
T

txflea

Reaction score
Ok I have almost downloaded all the old apps I had...whew. I just have like 10 more to go, now someone walk me through this so if I have to get ANOTHER Bionic (which will make a 4th) I wont have to do this again. I can just copy them :)

2THEXTRM

Reaction score
You will find the astro app backups in the folder mnt/sdcard/backups/apps. I made a copy and saved it to my PC. I cannot find where you can designate where the app backups get saved. Its obvious it should be the external SD card.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

snowman

Reaction score
Thanks so much I didn't even knw this was in Astro file manager worked just as orginal op said
really nice

maybe those that can't get it to work need to update the app, it's just assaid on my app. and works great