astro file manager question

umm

Reaction score
HI! I'm new here!

I am running out of space on my droid and I need to know how to fransfer some apps to my sd card using astro file manager. can anyone help? I have never used this app, so the simplest lamemans terms please!
thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HI! I'm new here!

I am running out of space on my droid and I need to know how to fransfer some apps to my sd card using astro file manager. can anyone help? I have never used this app, so the simplest lamemans terms please!
thanks!

You don't use Astro to move apps to the SD. You go to settings/applications/all applications. If the button to move the application to SD card is white then you can move that app to the SD card.

It also depends on what Droid you have, whether you are rooted, as far as how much ability you have to move apps to SD card.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Moving apps to sd is fraught with danger though. Be sure not to move any app that is tied to a widget on your home screens. Also, if you have Documents To Go, don't move it to sd as apparently it checks for authorization key (maybe only for paid version, not sure) and it causes problems. Just keep in mind if you start having issues with phone or apps that apps2sd may be an issue.

You can also consider that as easy as it is to install an app from the Market that you may just want to uninstall apps that you use infrequently. I have found that I use Google Earth and Google Sky Map about once per month. I now just install them when I want to actually use them. They stay in the Market the rest of the time.

Good luck.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My experience with Apps to SD is that it freed up two applications that I had so I don't usually recommend it. But give it a try it can't hurt.

To follow up with what BayouFlyFisher said, make sure you don't move any widgets to the SD card. That seems to cause issues.