1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

assistance appreciated

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by hugs17, Apr 14, 2010.

1. hugs17

hugs17 New Member

Howdy forum, I am getting a get flash message when I try to open YouTube video links on Facebook when using my Droid. It used to give me a choice to open the link using the YouTube app. Did I change a setting. I was having trouble before with fb and had to delete and redownload. Any suggestions?
  2. christim

christim Super Moderator

I'm guessing you did. Whenever I click a youtube link in the dolphin browser I get the option to open it in the youttube app or download to the phone so I can play it in a media player. I never checked off the "use this option as a default". I'm guessing you did that and need to check either facebook or the youtube settings out. menukey/applications/manage apps/menukey/filter/show all/youtube...clear default settings.
  3. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

I'm honestly no sure. Maybe you set your Browser as the default video player by accident?

You can check by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button (soft key) > Filter > All

Now search for the Browser app, and when you find it click it and see if there is a button that says "Clear Defaults". Click that button and that MAY fix your issue.
  4. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Lol christim guess I'm too slow....
  5. christim

christim Super Moderator

ahh ha...the race is on..tag yer it!
  6. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Man, don't feel bad, Chris is a demon on that keyboard! :icon_ devil:
  7. hugs17

hugs17 New Member

Browser shows no defaults selected? Button is dark. I will check YouTube app..