assistance appreciated

hugs17

Reaction score
Howdy forum, I am getting a get flash message when I try to open YouTube video links on Facebook when using my Droid. It used to give me a choice to open the link using the YouTube app. Did I change a setting. I was having trouble before with fb and had to delete and redownload. Any suggestions?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Howdy forum, I am getting a get flash message when I try to open YouTube video links on Facebook when using my Droid. It used to give me a choice to open the link using the YouTube app. Did I change a setting. I was having trouble before with fb and had to delete and redownload. Any suggestions?

I'm guessing you did. Whenever I click a youtube link in the dolphin browser I get the option to open it in the youttube app or download to the phone so I can play it in a media player. I never checked off the "use this option as a default". I'm guessing you did that and need to check either facebook or the youtube settings out. menukey/applications/manage apps/menukey/filter/show all/youtube...clear default settings.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm honestly no sure. Maybe you set your Browser as the default video player by accident?

You can check by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button (soft key) > Filter > All

Now search for the Browser app, and when you find it click it and see if there is a button that says "Clear Defaults". Click that button and that MAY fix your issue.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score

I'm guessing you did. Whenever I click a youtube link in the dolphin browser I get the option to open it in the youttube app or download to the phone so I can play it in a media player. I never checked off the "use this option as a default". I'm guessing you did that and need to check either facebook or the youtube settings out. menukey/applications/manage apps/menukey/filter/show all/youtube...clear default settings.

Lol christim guess I'm too slow....

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm honestly no sure. Maybe you set your Browser as the default video player by accident?

You can check by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Menu button (soft key) > Filter > All

Now search for the Browser app, and when you find it click it and see if there is a button that says "Clear Defaults". Click that button and that MAY fix your issue.

ahh ha...the race is on..tag yer it!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Lol christim guess I'm too slow....

ahh ha...the race is on..tag yer it!

Man, don't feel bad, Chris is a demon on that keyboard! :icon_ devil:

OP
H

hugs17

Reaction score
Browser shows no defaults selected? Button is dark. I will check YouTube app..