Assigned Ringtones not Sticking?

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
I have had a long issue where if you assign a ringtone to someone specific, it is very hit or miss in how if that ringtone will come on, or if it will be the default. It doesn't seem to reliable. Anyone else notice this? Or is my phone just crazy?

born2golf

Reaction score
I have seen this, but only when the SDcard is not mounted. This is typically when you have the phone plugged into a USB port for charging and instead it is using the USB for mass storage. when this happens the SD card become unavailable to the phone and assuming your ringtones are on the SD card, they too will not be available to the phone for inbound calls.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
Hmm... that makes sense.. although this happens when my phone is not on the usb cable. Anyway to move Ringtones (mine were made by RingDroid) to internal storage? Although I am so low on space I hate to do that..

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
I have two issues that seem to be related in a way, meaning, it's something on the SD card I think

one is I have Desktop Visualizer and I assign different pictures to items. But everyonce in awhile the pictures just randomly reset, or no picture at all shows up. I have even had pictures just delete.... twice now.

With ringtones, assigned ringtones will be fine for a while but then will just reset the same way. Sometimes, it's just a random tone, sometimes, no tone.

Strange