Asphalt vs. Need for Speed

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not much to discuss there..... NFS is one of the most impressive things i've seen on a cellphone screen. I know the iPhone has had it for awhile, but not at 854x480 resolution. The controls on NFS seem to be executed better than most driving games on accelerometer controlled devices. It actually seems to have some precision. All in all, if you're into racing games, NFS is about as good as it gets right now.

SEGA

Reaction score

Seeing as how I can't even get NFS on my Droid, I'd say Asphalt... lol

I seen NFS on my coworkers iPhone and it looked good so if I can get NFS to run on my Droid it would be NFS hands down.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ If you are running Froyo, set the default install location to the sdcard. It SHOULD work just fine. I say SHOULD because it works on mine, but as always, YMMV.

dakoop

Reaction score
doesn't nfs take up all the phones storage space?

SEGA

Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^ If you are running Froyo, set the default install location to the sdcard. It SHOULD work just fine. I say SHOULD because it works on mine, but as always, YMMV.

No that's not the problem, I had 200mb free on my Moto Droid and it wouldn't install because it said I needed 100mb free...

Don't know why, don't need Froyo, Droid X is 2.1

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

No that's not the problem, I had 200mb free on my Moto Droid and it wouldn't install because it said I needed 100mb free...

how the heck do you have 200mb free on my droid lol I'm lucky if I can get 75mb lol

drkow19

Reaction score
Asphalt seemed laggy with the accelerometer control. I would always be trying to turn slightly but it would take long to register. Then I hit a car head on. It would be me racing, making passes, getting into 2nd or 1st, then hitting a car and starting at the bottom again. Sharp graphics though for Asphalt, no complaint there. NFS is put together better all around. It would be complete if it had multiplayer over WiFi at least.

Mayze

Reaction score
It's not even close IMO. NFS looks and plays amazing on my DX. Graphics and gameplay are top notch for a phone game.

dakoop

Reaction score
Anybody think they can help me install nfs? I had it installing and during the phone rebooted. Now when I click install it instantly says nothing installed.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Never said you NEED Froyo, I was just saying that if you are running Froyo, and use the command to set the install location to sdcard; then it SHOULD install.

Now, with 200MB free (you must have basically nothing installed); you SHOULD be able to get it on the internal memory using the "adb install" command at an ADB command prompt.

SEGA

Reaction score

Never said you NEED Froyo, I was just saying that if you are running Froyo, and use the command to set the install location to sdcard; then it SHOULD install.

Now, with 200MB free (you must have basically nothing installed); you SHOULD be able to get it on the internal memory using the "adb install" command at an ADB command prompt.

I had allot of stuff on my phone still, just got rid of almost every non preinstalled app that was over 1mb, at the end I was at 203mb free.

ADB did not work, that's why I'm waiting for the demo to be released for the rest of the phones legit wise.

I know you didn't say I needed Froyo, just clearing it up before the whole thread just goes to Froyo talk, it seems every conversation starts to revolve around an update that's not even out yet. Ya there are builds released, but people like myself can care less until an official release comes out, Froyo talk just gets my hopes up.