ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rabbi57 please expand, what are talking about?

He means it's now on the marketplace again, with a new version of 3.0.7 - this version is 13.63MB - I am going to uninstall the WAP link version and try redownloading from marketplace and see what happens. I will report back in a few.

EDIT: downloading now, actual filesize is 6.81MB

EDIT2: definitely a different version, it does the SD card download thing, but the dialog asking if you want to activate WiFi is worded a bit differently. So, definitely not a relaunch of the original with a new version number, it is slightly different. Once this amazingly slow data download completes, i'll let everyone know if it runs.

Last edited:

dro

Reaction score
Been downloading the extra files for several minutes and the bar has not even started to move =( Will report back once it is installed

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can happily report back that THIS TIME, the game seems to work absolutely fine.

dro, it took awhile to start moving for me, too; but once it did the data files actually downloaded in a reasonable amount of time (~7 minutes)

I got a bit delayed in reporting my success because I had to go deal with some network issues at work but suffice to say i've tested launching it about 15 times now, and not once did it crash to the home screen.

YMMV, but Gameloft has a winner here now that it works correctly.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
yes i also can see it on the market now. but i definately want back my money for the other version now ! greets.

tu3218

Reaction score
Can anyone post a review or a video perhaps? I checked out the images and it looks incredible but i guess I want to make sure its worth $7

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bit the bullet and re-bought it and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the demo version on my touch AND this version is BETTER higher resolution graphs. It is just great, beautiful!!!

This is by FAR the best game there is on the Droid!! The closest there is to a real arcade PSP / I-phone game!

I have to say it was worth the wait of 2months!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Also, DAVE thanks for everything, I would have never known what Rabbi57 meant or tried to download this new version if it wasn't for you!!! You are AWESOME!!

droid d'oh

Reaction score
100% agreed, this game ROCKS! (when gameloft releases a working game anyway) :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I bit the bullet and re-bought it and it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the demo version on my touch AND this version is BETTER higher resolution graphs. It is just great, beautiful!!!

This is by FAR the best game there is on the Droid!! The closest there is to a real arcade PSP / I-phone game!

I have to say it was worth the wait of 2months!!! :icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Also, DAVE thanks for everything, I would have never known what Rabbi57 meant or tried to download this new version if it wasn't for you!!! You are AWESOME!!

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
He means when a Gameloft game works, it is awesome!! When they work and yes this one works now!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Truthfully, I only figured out what Rabbi57 meant on a whim. I figured a) he meant the app had been re-released; or b) he had misposted in the wrong thread - so I jumped into market and did a search. The new version showed up, and it was showing as purchased so I checked the version number. When I noticed it was quite different, I figured i'd try it. Luckily, this time it resulted in a working game that turns out to be quite amazing. It looks like the graphics are native res, it's clearly sharper than the iPhone/iPod version.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think you have to thank dave :D. they should thank US, gertman, cause you and me were pushing gameloft so hard to get their lazy asses up. and i searching the market every hour so i sure had to found it too.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont think you have to thank dave :D. they should thank US, gertman, cause you and me were pushing gameloft so hard to get their lazy asses up. and i searching the market every hour so i sure had to found it too.

Ain't that the truth? All I was was a pissed off gamer who turned into an elated gamer when I found out that it was back there in a new form. I'm glad it works, because it clearly showcases the Droid and the PowerVR SGX530 graphics core. I know alot of unhappy BB Storm owners who would switch to the Droid if they saw Asphalt 5 in action.

Now, all we need is an Android version of GT Racing: Motor Academy

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but i hope they provide me and gertman this new version. Cause we bought the old not very usuable 50 meg version and dont want to pay another time for the new 3.0.7.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
MustangGT500 let me know what happens with getting the new version. I think unfortunately the Gameloft "tech support" is so far removed from the programmers that they won't even know about the version in the marketplace.

My strategy is to try and just ask for another game in place of the one I originally downloaded.

On an interesting side note, when I originally downloaded it from the WAP store it was not HD and only cost me 2.99 or 3.99. LOL

Also I think we have all learned a good lesson:

Don't buy a game directly from Gameloft's WAP store. Inzted wait until it comes to the android marketplace and you can redownloaded it with much less hassell and there is that 24hr trial period thing.

If you read the return policy on Gameloft's site it states no refunds no matter what.... even if you downloaded the game for the wrong phone.

Any thanks everyone and congradulations all around!!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana: