ASPHALT 5 for the DROID!!!!

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Yes,

Did I forget to mention their standard procedure for tech help is:

Send you the game again (times at least 3)

This why I urge all Droid users that would like this very good driving game to work to post on gamelofts tech support forum. I know how great a game this is because I have played it on a iPod touch. It is really good!! It would/ will be the best driving game for the Droid by far!!

If someone wants me to post a link to their tech support forum let me know.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
i already found the forum. i will try to kick their lazy asses a bit today. i think its not on the android market cause they know that it dont work correctly and would earn a lot negative feedback.

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Gameloft has insisted the entire time that asphalt 5 is made for the Droid. I also asked about why it was not available in the marketplace and received no response.

Before I downloaded the game I tried to find out any sort of write up on any other website that asphalt 5 was really available but found nothing.

Yesterday I did find a site that had an android samsong phone running the game from some expo. But I don't know what model phone it was.

Last edited:
OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
Ooops maybe your right I thought it said Android some where in the video but it doesn't :(

CrappyAlloy

Reaction score
Hardware wise our phones are certainly capable of it. So im sure it will be out eventually

OP
G

gertman

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say Thank You very much to everyone who posted that they had issues with installing Asphalt 5 on their Droid!!! :motdroidvert:

I believe we have successfully convinced Gamesoft that there is a real issue with installing the game on Droids not just mine!!

Below is a summary of the correspondence I had with Gamesoft today (3-9-10):

-They had a meeting this morning; I assume tech support in India with the programmers in France (This is just my best guess on locations)

-The results of the meeting were:

1. Gamesoft is going to try installing Asphalt 5 on different firmwares of Android. The impression I am getting is that they think the memory error has something to do with either the version of firmware or kernel that is installed on the Moto Droid.

2. There apparently is an additional problem (maybe unrelated?) because the game should not be 50 megs.

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
They also should consider downloading additional data to the sd card to save our memory - bring this on too pls.

Rabbi57

Reaction score
Hello guys
i have some informations for you:

• Asphalt should install and run fine with 160 MB free in the device (the flash memory, not to confuse with the sd card), it's working with my Droid, and it's just awesome ! it's possible it won't work in the Milestone, if i'm not wrong our folks in europe have less flash memory.
  • Why dont they release it in the marketplace? i guess it's just because the marketplace is commun to every Android device in the place ! and obviously Asphalt 5 won't run in a G1 for example, so they cannot sell a game in a shop knowing that only a few devices will run it
  • Why is it installed in the internal memory and not the sd card? well reading the forums and the android support, it seems it's impossible to install an app in the sd card...not their fault here
Hoping this info will help! cheers!

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
last point ABSOLUTELY wrong. apps CAN be installed in sd card. look at exzeus from hyperdevbox. you install just the exceutable file around 1 mb and the other data will be downloaded after the first game start on sdcard. also raging thunder 2 you download 4 mb executable and 20 megs will be downloaded to sd just to name two. its just gameloft lazyness i think. makes be bit angry.