ascending volume on ringer

lgbalfa

Reaction score
since the lollipop update, even with my ringer volume at the loudest, when someone calls, it is really low and then eventually becomes louder. it never did this before the update.

how can i make it so the volume of the ringer is constant?

i thought maybe there was a setting that i need to check / uncheck but didn't find one.

thanks

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah..at the very first few seconds of your ringtone will be towards the quiet side..then it will get longer...I've done everything I know of...nothing helps ..

Maybe someone else has an idea

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah..I don't recall having any issues like this before the update .have you taken the second update after lollipop? It made it a little better for some...

OP
lgbalfa

lgbalfa

Reaction score
yes i did the most recent update.

i just need to fix this volume ringer issue!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Are you using default ringtones? I ask because I use RingDroid to make MP3 ringtones and don't have this issue.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you using default ringtones? I ask because I use RingDroid to make MP3 ringtones and don't have this issue.
My recommendation was going to be something like this or I know there are several "volume" apps that could probably fix this problem.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I make my ringtones and instill have the issue...maybe I'll try to remake em...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
To try and help I switched to a default RT: max loudness right away.
hmmmmm

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I saw a post about this on the Moto forum this morning, had not noticed the ascending volume over the weekend. I called my Turbo from my work cell and the first ring was low volume and then the second and subsequent rings were at normal volume. That is using the default ringtone in the Phone app (I had not changed it yet). I noticed that the new Google Clock alarm is the same way this morning, first sound was low and then ascending volume for each subsequent alarm tone. Was the Google Clock the default clock with KK? I upgraded my Turbo straight to Lollipop on Friday right out of the box. If the Google Clock was forced as the default with Lollipop maybe that changed the ringer volume as well?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
My Knight rider ringtone still has a brief moment of low volume and then it gets loud..

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I've tried several ringtones at several volumes and cannot reproduce what you guys are referring too.

I'll be swapping to me "certified Like New" device here in a bit. We'll see what happens...

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I thought this was a Samsung thing.....It must be an Android thing. It all started on the KitKats.
I actually prefer it. It gives me time to either answer or mute my device, before the louder ringtone kicks in.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It only happens when you're called..not when you play the ringtone..if my gf or one of my associates calls..the volume will be low for a split second then jump up..If you play around with the ring volume slider in settings..it acts like a dirty potentiometer and will sometimes work correctly.. That's my experience.

My note edge does this too..not to the extreme of the turbo..

Last edited: