Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
No... this isn't a joke... Apple actually is suing a.pl

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

jseah

Reaction score
This sounds like what happened years ago with Fry's Electronics. For those who aren't familiar with it, Fry's Electronics is a small chain of electronics stores that started in California. In the late 90's, the company sued the guy who owned the domain name frys.com. The guy owned a company called French Frys that manufactured and sold vending machines that cooked and sold french fries. The company won the lawsuit and the guy had to turn over the domain name to Fry's Electronics.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
This sounds like what happened years ago with Fry's Electronics. For those who aren't familiar with it, Fry's Electronics is a small chain of electronics stores that started in California. In the late 90's, the company sued the guy who owned the domain name frys.com. The guy owned a company called French Frys that manufactured and sold vending machines that cooked and sold french fries. The company won the lawsuit and the guy had to turn over the domain name to Fry's Electronics.

Which would explain why they moved from outpost.com to Frys.com

Checkout Nissan.com

Sent from my frozenly delicious bionic.

OP
MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well Fry's filed that suit in Cali didn't they? :p

Natey2

Reaction score
mit.edu sued mit.com (Merritt Island Technologies?) sometime ago to get a hold of that domain too.
He who can afford the most "justice" usually wins here.

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
mit.edu sued mit.com (Merritt Island Technologies?) sometime ago to get a hold of that domain too.
He who can afford the most "justice" usually wins here.

Thats a lil different than this case.

Although now I think that case might not have been won or won so easily. Did mit.edu win that case?

Last edited:

Natey2

Reaction score
Apparently.
mit.com is currently owned (but not used) by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (mit.edu)

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
Damn....I was on apple.com trying to figure out why I couldn't get my kielbasa delivered! Now I know!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2