As anybody noticed?

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
If this has been talked about plz forgive me,but i have pics for all my contacts,i was talkin on phone today and noticed when i held phone up to my face,the phone went blk,but when i took phone away from my face the photo of the contact came back.I thought it was just me,but everytime i put phone to my face it did the same thing.There must be a sensor on the front of the phone that makes it do that.Wonder why it does that?

Last edited:

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
you should use chrome beta. the spell check works :D

Crank speaks Frenglish: some freaking english we can barely understand. :p

Kidding Crank, the screen goes out so your face doesn't hit buttons while on a call, like hang up ect...

Last edited:

kuuler

Reaction score
2 reasons:

1. Disables touchscreen so you don't accidentally hang up on someone or other things while talking.
2. Turns off screen to save battery life.

If this has been talked about plz forgive me,but i have pics for all my contacts,i was talkin on phone today and noticed when i held phone up to my face,the phone went blk,but when i took phone away from my face the photo of the contact came back.I thought it was just me,but everytime i put phone to my face it did the same thing.There must be a sensor on the front of the phone that makes it do that.Wonder why it does that?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
It turns off the screen so you don't push any buttons with your face. all android phones do this. Same with iPhone I believe

OP
Crankintopwater69

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Crank speaks Frenglish: some freaking english we can barely understand. :p

Kidding Crank, the screen goes out so your face doesn't hit buttons while on a call, like hang up ect...
Its all good bro,but now Ive got my nex,surely you can stand a few of my post,like every 6mths.:D

turdbogls

Reaction score
Just an FYI, if you look between the earphone speaker and the front camera, there are like 3 sensors(tough to see without light shining on them). one is a light sensor for the auto brightness, the other is called a Proximity sensor...if something gets close to that sensor, the screen turns off (so you dont press buttons with your face on a phone call)

as for the 3rd one, i have no clue what that is for.