Article on Nexus camera

GalaxyNexusLTE

Reaction score
Too many people think two things which are not true:

1) that because the camera is "only" 5MP that it's not "good" (good is subjective, and megapixels only tell about 10% of the story in terms of image quality);
2) that because the camera snaps such quick photos that it isn't focusing well enough and thus cannot take quality photos (Samsung and Google worked hard to allow the camera to be as fast as it could while preserving image quality)

People suck at taking photos, mostly, so they'll complain. Apple made it "idiot proof" to take good photos on the 4S, hence why everyone says it's "better." I've used both phones, taken photos with both, and can say they are direct rivals. One is as good as the other.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
It is interesting the varied opinions/results there are regarding the camera. This reviewer, Engadget, and others had very good results; while Gizmodo and others didn't get very good images.

Last edited:

jcardona1

Reaction score
Nice read, thanks for the link. The photos taken with the Nexus were pretty darn good. iPhone 4S seems to have a little bit of an edge IMO. The pictures just seem a tad bit sharper. With that said, what in God's name happened during that Gizmodo review? Every single picture they took with the Nexus looked washed out and horrible. Are they really that incompetent at taking pictures?

spruce_rd

Reaction score
Holy Smoke!
I can't believe what I'm reading. Apple guys will hate us even more.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
The gizmodo reviewer prob had fingerprints all over his lens. That or apple's juice haha

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk