ART vs. Dalvik

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now that I finally have an odexed AOSP phone, I decided to try ART instead of Dalvik. So far it is smooth, snappy, and fast. But then Dalvik was smooth, snappy, and fast too. Too be frank I couldn't tell a big difference. I feel ART may be a little smoother, but then that could be a mental thing. From what I remember, benchmarks are similar(roughly hanging around the 37000 mark if I remember correctly). Anybody here running ART? Likes/dislikes? Do you notice a difference?

GMan.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried it yet personally... have you noticed any differences when running graphicly intense games? Idle battery drain differences, or anything like that?

Swyped on my awesome 64Gb 1+1

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We had a couple folks try it on their S5s and ran into some glitches when running certain apps. They've since changed back. Otherwise they didn't really notice a difference. Like anything else I'm sure it will continue to evolve and improve over time.

tap'n on my S5

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed much noticeable difference, other than it feels silky smooth and just a tad bit quicker. Could be the placebo effect. I haven't had any problems with it though. Everything runs well. In the next day or two I am going to switch back to dalvik, just to see if the difference is noticeable then.

OP
condor97

condor97

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just switched back over to dalvik and scored a 47170 on Antutu. I guess I'll be sticking with dalvik lol. :D