ART Not Functioning Properly On The Verizon LG G3

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

ART or Android Run Time is Android's new method of processing memory in Android. It uses a different approach than Dalvik and is supposed to be even faster. However it appears to be giving the Verizon LG G3 some major issues. It should be noted that ART is still in the experimental stages. According to Phil Nickinson of AndroidCentral turning ART on in developer settings will result in random reboots.... all the time. It apparently makes the phone too unstable to use. This is no reason to not buy the LG G3 since whatever bugs are present should be fixed in later versions of ART well before this is the only option. What are your experiences with this. I have not even tried ART yet on my LG G3. It would be interesting to see if everyone else is experiencing the same issue.

Via AndroidCentral

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm I am sure they will get it worked out. Though if they are not able to this device could be dead in the water as android L switches to ART permanently. But Google may make a version for devices that are unable to run on ART.

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
I switched my G3 over to ART when it arrived. My experience was horrible. Laggy, horrendous battery life, and spotty issues throughout. After switching back to Dalvik, no problems. So, for me, ART is not working on my G3.