Arranty replacement Droid is hardlocking -options?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by trevj, Nov 2, 2010.

1. trevj

trevj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Edit: title should read "warranty" not "arranty"

Hey guys, I recently had to get a new Droid (first model) due to failed hardware on the first phone.

It was under warranty, so no biggie, but the issue is the phone they sent has a habit of hard locking. My old droid never did this, not even once. But there has been three or four occasions now where I have to take the battery out of the phone to re-boot it. None of the buttons work, holding the power button won't reset the phone, it is locked up tighter than tight.

Has anybody else had this? I don't want to deal with it, and would like Verizon to replace this hardware, but I am not sure how to prove it is defective since I can't control when it happens.

#1 trevj, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you call up Verizon and let them know what is happening they will send you another one. Trying to re-create the issue in the store will only bring you a headache so I would just call them and say the phone keeps freezing up on you. They might have you do a factory reset and see if that clears the issue first.

3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +12
    My sense is that the replacement is a refurbished phone which may or may not still have issues. Give VZW a call explain the problem and ask for another phone.

4. jjerryrigg

jjerryrigg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They will send you anither one. But don't forget to send others back. I left two bad phones in a box and forgot to ship back (we moved) and they slapped me with an extra $1100 on the bill.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

5. trevj

trevj New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I'll call them directly then. I hope they send a new phone vs. another referb with issues.

6. warrior21

warrior21 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    They are going to send you another refurb phone this time also. If this one is bad also you might be able to complain and get and early upgrade. I know some guys have had some luck with that when they kept receiving bad phones.