Arranty replacement Droid is hardlocking -options?

trevj

Reaction score
Edit: title should read "warranty" not "arranty"

Hey guys, I recently had to get a new Droid (first model) due to failed hardware on the first phone.

It was under warranty, so no biggie, but the issue is the phone they sent has a habit of hard locking. My old droid never did this, not even once. But there has been three or four occasions now where I have to take the battery out of the phone to re-boot it. None of the buttons work, holding the power button won't reset the phone, it is locked up tighter than tight.

Has anybody else had this? I don't want to deal with it, and would like Verizon to replace this hardware, but I am not sure how to prove it is defective since I can't control when it happens.

Last edited:

warrior21

Reaction score
If you call up Verizon and let them know what is happening they will send you another one. Trying to re-create the issue in the store will only bring you a headache so I would just call them and say the phone keeps freezing up on you. They might have you do a factory reset and see if that clears the issue first.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My sense is that the replacement is a refurbished phone which may or may not still have issues. Give VZW a call explain the problem and ask for another phone.

jjerryrigg

Reaction score
They will send you anither one. But don't forget to send others back. I left two bad phones in a box and forgot to ship back (we moved) and they slapped me with an extra $1100 on the bill.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
T

trevj

Reaction score
Ok, I'll call them directly then. I hope they send a new phone vs. another referb with issues.

warrior21

Reaction score
Ok, I'll call them directly then. I hope they send a new phone vs. another referb with issues.

They are going to send you another refurb phone this time also. If this one is bad also you might be able to complain and get and early upgrade. I know some guys have had some luck with that when they kept receiving bad phones.