Armadillo Roll and Neocore now for droid

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

i just want to let you know, that the two missing opengl applications are now available through the market. sadly armadillo roll hasnt got a landscape mode. but both working great.

by the way : have someone the apk file of wave blazer lite ? i had a installation error and cant install or download it again through the market. would be nice.

greetz

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Waitwaitwaitwait...Armadillo Roll? Like the super amazing physics simulator where you solve puzzles by rolling the Armadillo? Is it free?

Purist

Reaction score
There's a free version. And yeah, it looks like you race a pack of other armadillos through a winding jungle and dirt obstacles course. The 3D graphics are incredible! OpenGL with light sourcing...can not wait until they unlock that SD card, man. The controls take some getting used to though.

Another awesome game game, ushering the new Android 3D development generation.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
ps : tested neocore 3d bench. 20.8 fps. nexus one has 26 fps. you see : it isnt really much faster then our droid. and you have to keep in mind, that our droid haves a slightly higher res too. so this 1ghz means nothing in terms of games.

Anonymouse

Reaction score
Can you guys take a video of Armadillo Run? I should be getting my Droid today...but I want to see stuff now!

Subdude

Reaction score
The touchscreen controls for both apps are off by about 1/2 inch... you have to touch about 1/2 inch high to select any menu items / options. Very odd.

sloopjohnb

Reaction score
Can somebody get me the armadillo apk file ??
I don't have that game on my android market (brasil)....

dub8420

Reaction score
There's a free version. And yeah, it looks like you race a pack of other armadillos through a winding jungle and dirt obstacles course. The 3D graphics are incredible! OpenGL with light sourcing...can not wait until they unlock that SD card, man. The controls take some getting used to though.

Another awesome game game, ushering the new Android 3D development generation.

is this a rooted deal or is verizon/motorala gonna unlock it?:greendroid:

Purist

Reaction score
Google has mentioned plans to install apps on the SD card probably through a firmware update, but it needs to make sure the encryption is solid first.

Randomocity

Reaction score
I said it on the alldroid forums and I'll say it here, Apps2SD is totally useless. 3D intensive programs can already store 99% of their data on the SD card while keeping the small executable in ROM. The reason for the lack of support has more to do with hardware requirements and 3D frameworks that'll be built into 2.1 more than anything else. Doom is a great example of this, even if it is poorly executed.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
ps : tested neocore 3d bench. 20.8 fps. nexus one has 26 fps. you see : it isnt really much faster then our droid. and you have to keep in mind, that our droid haves a slightly higher res too. so this 1ghz means nothing in terms of games.

Also, neocore is coded to use ATITC (the texture compression method that the Qualcomm GPUs use) - the Droid uses a PowerVR SGX GPU, and I suspect that neocore uses non-compressed textures on this chip. A non-compressed texture is much more memory bandwidth intensive.

OP
MustangGT500

MustangGT500

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
hehe. seems to be that the nexus gpu isnt really that great. droid rules :).