Arm bands?

moody3829

Reaction score
Has anyone seen arm bands or anything to hold the GNex while I am running?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Has anyone seen arm bands or anything to hold the GNex while I am running?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Not sure if there'll be ones specifically for the Nexus but maybe you can use a "universal" one? Let us know if you find one. :biggrin:

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
I got the Tune Belt AB85. It fits the Nexus with the stock battery and the VZW silicone case perfectly. I had the AB84 previously but it was too small even with phone naked. It was too short so the neoprene had to stretch a bit to cover the top of the phone. My only complaint about the tune belt is that it covered my light sensor. I have to tilt it a bit to make sure light gets into it so that my screen brightens up. Another issue that could be a problem for some of you is that the strap is a bit short. I'm a small guy 5'7", 150 lbs. I think they sell a strap extender.

steveky

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
No window on it but I'm sure you're not going to be watching a video while running. I got mine at Fry's and you might find it locally but if not, there's always Amazon.com: NXE ActiveSLEEVE Medium Armband for iPhone, iPod, and all Smartphone/cell phone/MP3 players, 2 Pack (Black/White): MP3 Players & Accessories

I obviously don't watch videos while running or working out, I do however look to check time, change songs, and check text messages while working out. I can do all of the above through the clear screen. Plus I think I prefer a band versus a sleeve on my arm. Just personal preference.

jefbystereo

Reaction score
I have this Amazon.com: iArmbands Sport Armband for Droid X, HTC ThunderBolt, Samsung Galaxy S & more (fits larger smartphones and some phones in protective cases): Cell Phones & Accessories originally got it for my droid1. It is very snug with the nexus -almost too small, and i would want a slightly larger size if I was buying again. The stitching holding the arm band to the case started ripping after 6 months, but I sewed it back and have had no other issues. The overall quality is really good for the price. Touch screen is reasonably responsive, although the curved glass makes the plastic stick up a bit. Not really an issue for entering weights and reps and such.

scknoll123

Reaction score
i use a holder by Amphipod .its adjustable to fit bigger phones. i like it cause it has no plastic sleeve so it will not built up heat or moisture. the only down fall is if you run in the rain your phone could get wet. it has a cover but with the bigger phone like the Nexus its hard to get on.

:icon_ lala:

amphipod.com. its called the armpod item #252