Aria Smart Watch Gesture Control

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

The Android Wear community is continuing to grow and expand. One company is looking to add another dimension to gesture control. Check out the video above for Aria.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Interesting Concept but seems to add bulk and adds significant Cost to ANY Android Wear Watch you will Purchase. Lets see about integration with the Watches itself.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Frankly, the gestures are not looking as easy as he is obviously trying to make them look. And I'm right-handed so doing these gestures with my left hand looks cumbersome. My left hand simply isn't as coordinated as my right.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Frankly, the gestures are not looking as easy as he is obviously trying to make them look. And I'm right-handed so doing these gestures with my left hand looks cumbersome. My left hand simply isn't as coordinated as my right.
I do agree with that. I wasnt even thinking about the fact that I am Right handed and would be in the same boat. lol

Valvoline

Reaction score
Yeah, the 'flick' seems cumbersome and needs getting used to. Why not have a flexible pressure sensor on the wrist that is triggered by the tendon movement in the wrist. moving the fingers would then activate the controls. possibly a index finger and thumb double tap for activation. meh