Argh, I can't seem to get this right

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by LtKen, Feb 24, 2010.

1. LtKen

LtKen New Member

So I've been trying like hell to backup my settings (custom ringtones, SMS, settings settings, etc) before I flash to the new DroidMod.

I've tried Titanium Backup, which somehow unrooted my phone the first time, and the second time, basically did a complicated version of ASTRO's backup, it claimed it restored settings, but I as a human know it didn't.

I tried flashing to the new DM, and then using SPRecovery to restore the /data folder from the backup. That didnt take.

I just reverted to my SM 2.0.5, and I'll probably hang here until I get some ideas.

Thanks in advance.
  2. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Well I can't provide the answers you're looking for because when I did backups using titanium and sprecovery, it was just a 'select the option' and it worked kind of thing. so I didn't learn anything about trouble shooting their systems. I can give you some leads thought:

http://alldroid.org/viewforum.php?f=265 SirpsychoS wrote the sprecovery program. Surely there will be some answer about using his program on his page. Good luck.

Here's the hone page for the DM guys: DroidMod - Index

And finally go to the Titanium website and get some answers there.

Hope you find your answers.