Arg!!!!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by ilikemoneygreen, Sep 25, 2010.

1. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    This is more of a statement thread. i know exactly what to do but i still have to spill some of my grrrrnes here. That stupid script that restores your apps sucks. I have over 1000 apps in the astro backups folder and i didnt realize pete wrote a script that would install all of them. OMG. My phone locked the hellz up and at least 10force closes keep popin up. Then recovery broke so now i have to go install the srecovery then freakin clockwork again. THEY REALLY NEED A TEXT BOX IN ROM MANAGER! If they would have said, hey rename the backups folder becuase v.05 restores your apps then it would have saved me 30min here.... Nerd frustration!!!! im sure its a wonderful feature but man, im still mad right now. *this a will make me undepressed so no flaming me!*

2. SupAll

SupAll Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently, you didn't even bother reading his instructions:

3. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    It's not so much that he didn't read the instructions but more so that Rom Manager has discouraged people from manually installing ROMs. Why wouldn't someone expect v0.5 to install like v0.4? And Rom manager has dumbed down the process of installing ROMs (which never was difficult to begin with)...combine this with people who rooted with EasyRoot and you also now have an entire new sector of users who have absolutely no clue how to troubleshoot any errors as well as not take the needed precautions before installing a ROM (reading change logs and installation procedures, making backups, etc.)

Personally I believe that the 0.5 rollout was a disaster because Pete actually believed people cared to actually read anything before jumping the gun and borking their installaton.

4. DROIDsballs

DROIDsballs Member

Ratings:
    +0

I dont think its fair to say the rollout was a disaster just because a bunch of fan boys shot their loads to quickly and blindly started flashing a rom without reading proper instructions.

Hell if you did just go ahead and flash away without reading up then you rightfully deserve what happens. It should be common knowledge by now if you're going to put something on your phone that isnt directly from your carrier or google then you better damn well READ about what you are doing.

This is 1st grade logic people if you cant be bothered to follow instructions then you are only shooting yourself in the foot.

5. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    hahaha i no way said i didnt know what i was doing. i know what the problem is, how it came about, and i already knew how to fix it. "Hell if you did just go ahead and flash away without reading up" lol, this is hilarious to me, you are so right for a noob. But how many other roms have something funky like the script? im impressed with pete, the roms cool, but i can say as a pretty advanced user that i can pretty much how did you say, "flash away without reading up" becuase nothing really changes with the installations. its pretty much the same simple process for practically all roms. (except this one.) Im not saying that this is a bad thing. i was caught off guard and i was fuming because i had to spend some time fixing it. (huge lag, tons of force closes and recovery was broken. lol i had to fight just to get to rom manager. on top of that apparently launcher pro is outdated so i kept getting that stupid update message and i had to clear its defaults.) My post was just something to get off my chest, none of my family or friends even have a clue about this stuff so you guys were my outlet. I definetly think it wasnt a disaster, lots of users have been druling for a month or two. Now they have it! (i confess i was using UD before v.05)
    And harvester i agree with you about rom manager dumming up things. Its a simple process now, a lot of users probly forgot the harder way of doing these things. i personally havent, but im sure this scrpit will throw some of the people for a loop. i cant be the only one who backed up apps via astro then uninstalled them... lol im surprised my phone fit the apps.

6. HarvesterX™

HarvesterX™ Member

Ratings:
    +9
    Yeah, disaster was a bit harsh. And I was only referring to installation so anyone reading this, v0.5 is a very very tight ROM...one that I am currenly running. Don't let my previous post mislead you :)

7. cockerkingdom

cockerkingdom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Doing for yourself gives knowlege, letting something else do it for you, makes you........! Figure it out.:r_c:

8. DROIDsballs

DROIDsballs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you do have me on one point most roms are a standard download and flash with the installations doing there own thing. What you fail to understand here is that every rom brings something different to the phone so to just flash without understanding what you're flashing is quite the as you put it "noob" thing to do. Ill be honest i flashed .5 without reading and the f ucking astro backups all loaded and completely f ucked my phone up so what happened, i read up and "oh $hit maybe i should of done this before i first flashed."

Point is in life instructions are key and if the masses are too lazy to read them then i guess they should just go make internet forum posts clearly explaining to everyone just how lazy and ignorant they are.

#8 DROIDsballs, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  9. lee__D

lee__D Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i read pete's directions and had no problems, odd

10. raazazuul

raazazuul New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only been rooted afew weeks and used easyroot. Never tried Pete's roms before. Moved all apks and backups off my SD card *As Per Pete's Instructions* and have absolutely zero problems. Loaded a slayher kernal and mattedblues theme and its like butter. So, not all easyroot users are completely inept.