ARG this is reallly annoying me now

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by MAD450r, Jun 18, 2010.

1. MAD450r

MAD450r Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    This rom BBv0.2.1 is running fast and stable for me, but everytime I reboot I loose a few settings I have to go reset everytime.
    1 is the autobrightness, im legally blind so I need it bright.
    2is auto rotate turns off everytime I reboot as well :(

Now for the biggest annoyance of them all. I have to remove and replace all my beautiful widgets every reboot as well as battery life, and audiomanager. I thought it was due to apps2sd, but I took them off the sdcard and still happens.
    EDIT: Found my own fix for this one. Move them from data/app to system/app and rebooted worked great :)

Anyone else experiencing this, if so have you round a work around. Other than that its fine. I still have my battery issue but that has happened on every single Foyo rom i've tried, I switched batteries with the one moto droid still running BBv1.1 and the battery works fine there. So this one im not going to worry about quite yet. Its the other 2 things I really need to figure out cause the way I like to edit and tinker is driving me crazy to have to reset things i didn't touch everytime I reboot :reddroid::icon_evil:

2. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For the widgets:
    Move your launcher, and any apps you have that use widgets to the phone.
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.

I'm unsure about your Auto-Brightness and Screen Rotation issues.

3. MAD450r

Ratings:
    +1
    Everything is on the phone still happens

I even tried reopening Launcher Pro still happens I really dont get it.
    Once I put them back they are fine till I need to reboot or till I mount to pc. ONce I mount to pc I loose half the apps in my appdrawer, they turn to generic icons and say the application isn't installed.

Just so everyone know's I started over 4-5 times due to this. I clean wiped up to 4x with the same results after. Only thing I haven't done yet is change mem cards :(

4. five5

five5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like spare parts is overwriting your settings on reboot, set your settings in spare parts as well as in your settings.

5. droid420

droid420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol its apps2sd anytime you mount, the phone can no longer see the apps it is running off the sd. somthing you got to put up with as long as you have are running apps from the sd card. ditch the apps2sd or live with it. you can move most of your apps to the phone and only stand alone apps on the sd that dont have widgets.

6. five5

five5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol he said he already got rid of apps2sd

7. MAD450r

Ratings:
    +1
    well I took all off the card

didn't think I could totally get rid of it, I bet it gets fixed sooner or later.

I think you figured it out for me.

It does appear to be spare parts doing it.

I go in and set everything including my favorite setting fonts extra large then I dont see a save so I exit and come back in only to have to reset about half my settings :(

Anyone else experiencing this sort of thing with spare parts in BBv0.2.1 with TeamChaos clean black as a base for my theme.

8. five5

five5 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Thats not an issue you are experiencing, it's standard when you wipe it resets the spare parts settings to default, and when you reboot spare parts has permission to over write your standard settings. Just adjust in spare parts and you'll be good to go :)

And i didn't mean you uninstalled apps to SD, by get rid of i just meant disabled.

9. droid420

droid420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so your telling me that spare parts settings will make apps disapper when you mount to a computer

10. Fulle

Fulle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If LauncherPro is on the SD Card, all widgets break when you reboot the phone.
    If LauncherPro is installed to the phone, but a widget is installed to the SD Card, that particular widget breaks whenever the SD Card is not mounted (like when you reboot the phone). After reboot, it'll need to be re-added after the SD Card mounts, and you reboot your launcher.

If you have an app on the SD Card that has a launcher shortcut, it's icon won't appear correctly until the SD card mounts, and you reboot your launcher.

In BB 0.2 and 0.2.1 Pete set the SD card as the default installation location. This can be changed by running a command from a terminal emulator:
    "pm setInstallLocation 1" (no quotes)

For the switch options:
    1 sets to Internal, 2 to the SD Card, and 0 is Auto.

To move an application from the SD Card to the phone, go to:
    Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

11. five5

five5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see anything saying his apps disappear when he mounts?

12. coreteck

coreteck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    just go back to v.1. i have had nothing but problems with v.2 and .2.1, reboots every time i unlock, market issues, widget issues. v.1 is hands the fastest rom i have ever used and everything works. i know its fun to always update to the latest but honestly there anit a damn thing wrong with v.1

cents
    cents

13. droid420

droid420 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    REALLY you didnt see this. that my friend is apps2sd still running on his phone

14. five5

five5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Most uptight 420 dude i have ever seen....

No i didn't see it, i just read the original post when he said he already removed everything off of apps to SD.....

Anyway, droid420, **** off i was just trying to help and it seems like i did.

And i would take coretecks advice, best running droid rom out there right now imo dancedroid

15. Twista89

Twista89 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what if your spare parts is freezing because my settings keeps getting overwrriten as well every time i reboot?? How do I reinstall spare parts or fix my freezing everytime I try to open it??