Are you still happy with your Thunderbolt?

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by geoff5093, Jun 18, 2012.

1. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

I have tried a factory reset. Still spotty coverage all of a sudden.
  2. kparks

kparks Active Member

My sister is saying the same thing about the coverage idk when I had it seven months ago it was rock solid!
  3. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

Yea just 2 weeks ago I was getting 4g all of the time here. Now I have to reboot it to get 4g and my fiance's phone gets it all of the time. What would verizon do if we call about these problems?
  4. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

I think my phone is trying to tell me I need the new HTC DNA, lol.

In the past week, I've been experiencing tons of data drops. When it says 4G LTE, sometimes it will turn off the data for a few seconds, while other times it will continue to say 4G LTE but I can't use any mobile data. The phone has been acting a lot slower, and now a few apps are force closing...
  5. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

mine is doing the same thing. I am ready to call verizon and see what they will do.
  6. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

They just replaced my phone with another TB. It still giving me spotty coverage. From what i understand, TB runs on a certain spectrum from VZ. I am wondering with all the grids they are purchasing; if this has anything to do with it.
    Now that the DNA is out, i am curious but does anyone know if this DNA has an SD slot?
    I am hearing it doesnt have it.
  7. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

that stinks. I don't want another thunderbolt especially with all of the issues I am having. Software keeps crashing and now this signal issue.
  8. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

I've loved my bolt since I got it at launch. Yes, I know I'm in the small percentage of people who actually loved his phone. But now with the data acting all crazy I think its time I finally used my upgrade. The Note 2 caught my eye and has held my interest. Just waiting on big red to unleash it. Was considering the new HTC Dna, but in my opinion the lack of sd card expansion and a non removable battery have turned my attentions back to the Note 2.

sent from my Rezound powered bolt of thunder!!!
  9. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

No sd card slot......

10. armeddroid

armeddroid New Member

dammit!!!!
  11. 2001400ex

2001400ex Member

For that reason I bit the bullet and got the maxx hd. Battery life is my number 1 complaint, my 2750 extended in my tbolt wasn't always enough, so I didn't think the 2020 on the DNA would work. And same with the external storage, 11gb of free space isn't enough.

I really wanted the DNA too. But this is a really good replacement for the tbolt, was a good decision.
  12. eldub

eldub New Member

Same exact thing with my stock TB, turning data off and back on usually helps when there is no data symbol in the notifications, when the 4gLTE symbol is showing but the arrows aren't white and i can't get data i just wait a few minutes for it to come back. It's strange that when i wake my phone a see the arrows are white for an instant then they turn clear immediately. For the apps force closing i just deleted a bunch of apps i don't use and that helped. It's strange that many of us are suddenly having the same problems at the same time, makes me think it is the network and not the phone. Maybe Verizon is trying to push us to replace our phones and lose our unlimited data. It sucks that it would benefit Verizon for our phones to stop working.
  13. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Same here, I always loved the TB but this past week or two has been awful!

The extended battery is great for me, I typically get through a full day with 60-75% left, so I'm hoping the DNA will last me a day. I don't like running the battery down to 10-20% though, you never know when something will happen and you can't charge your phone for a while.

I know, it's weird we are all having the same problem within the past few weeks. Turning off and back on mobile data fixes it for me as well, but it's a hassle.
  14. npro1464

npro1464 Member

Mines drops data like its a hot potato. Hard to explain to my wife that my phone is a lemon since she thinks I am obsessed with phones and I should get over it. Still, I'm hoping Santa brings me a Nexus 4 this year :biggrin:
  15. Drew_P

Drew_P New Member

Mine is the same way. I was all talking about the Note 2 and she kinda listened. Then I started mentioning the Dna and now she just rolls her eyes lol I was a little disappointed with the Nexus 4. Lack of lte is a deal breaker for me. I can't go back after having such fast data. Still a pretty good looking device though, just not for me.

16. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

See, if I had T-Mobile 3G/4G coverage I wouldn't mind getting the Nexus 4 and switching to their $30 month plan, as the speedtest I've seen have shown 15-22Mbps download and 2-5Mbps upload with pings around 75-100, but where I am I would only get 2G coverage :(. AT&T has "4G" here as well, but theirs is much slower, around 5-10Mbps.
  17. kparks

kparks Active Member

What's going on tho why are so many people having data problems with the bolt all of a sudden
  18. wvdroidman

wvdroidman New Member

Dunno. I think verizon needs to replace them for us with OTHER phones besides the thunderbolt.
  19. geoff5093

geoff5093 New Member

Free upgrades for all to the HTC DNA! :biggrin:
  20. kparks

kparks Active Member

2020mah battery and 16gb non expandable memory.... Lol ill pass what a joke of a phone with awesome specs!