Are you serious? No hands free voice dialing?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Gadget_Queen, May 16, 2010.

1. Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen New Member

Really? A smart phone that isn't so smart. So no hands free voice dialing from my bluetooth? Bluetooth has been out for how many year? And the latest, coolest, fastest mobile phone doesn't offer an application or widget for hands free? I guess I'll have to dial and get in a car crash? HMMMMMM
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

Drive safe and buckle up...
  3. Sweet Daddy

Sweet Daddy New Member

4. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

Why would you need bluetooth voice dialing on a phone , when it already has a metal detector and live wallpapers ?
  5. Droids

Droids New Member

LOL, heh

Hopefully the hands free BT dialing will be included in 2.2.

We can hope, it is long overdue.

In the meantime you have the metal detector and the tri-coder. Now if only the metal detector warned you of other metal approaching at high speed...
  6. maf113

maf113 New Member

You must be dreaming

Probably not. But you will have JIT and USB Tethering and probably some more Eye candy. These are far more important than providing an OS that performs as advertised.
    Quote from Verizon web site in describing the Droid:
    Bluetooth® v2.1 + EDR Supported Profiles: Headset (HSP), Hands–free (HFP), Stereo Audio, Phonebook Access

Can you access your phone book from your bluetooth device?? And don't tell me about programs like Voice Dialer HF. If you can voice dial while your phone is 10 feet away by simply pressing the BT device button than you pass the test. If not please do not tell me about some app that requires you to touch the phone each time you want to use the BT device. That is not hands free and not Bluetooh V2.1 compliant.

As for myself, I have waited long enough. None of the work arounds provide me with the capabilites I want and need. My only other option is to go back to a (I hate to say it) Windows Mobile device.

I don't understand how Motorola, Google and Verizon can't seem to get something that even the most basic phones have, to work on one of the most advanced phone today. This has to be one of the largest clusterF*$@s ever in the industry.
  7. Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen New Member

Horay MAF113! Somebody finally gets it. The most basic feature! Right?!

Did you see one of the posts in reply that said there are no laws against mobile phones in PA? Wow, maybe he's one of the engineers who designed the droid with no BT capability? He worded it just like a politician too but I think it was deleted. Ok so No; there is not a law against using a mobile phone while driving. Just make sure its not in your hand and that you don't EVER steer your eyes off the road just to push a button, That one second could be fatal and yes, illegal.
    "Philadelphia, Harrisburg, Wilkes-Barre, Erie and Allentown have banned cell phone use by drivers unless a hands-free attachment is in use.
  8. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

This from an email just last Sat from VZW..
    Last edited: May 17, 2010
  9. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

Thank god at least rumors are surfacing, I hope they include it so everyone can stop complaining about it already!
  10. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

HaHaHa... yes still rumor, but that's a bold statement that was made in saying that 'Google' itself had stated that they planned to add the bluetooth voice dialing... hopefully it becomes reality in the next couple days... date is what this VZW supervisor left on my Droid...lmao
  11. Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen New Member

2.2 May Have BT voice dialing

I really like the Htc Incredible, it's faster, intelligent and offers everything that IPhone offers but better. Should I return the Incredible before my 30 days are up in hopes that the 2.2 version comes out soon? What if IPhone comes out with 4G in July/August as rumored? I am out of contract and a free agent. If I return the Incredible there is a 99% chance I will buy the 4G Iphone. Does verizon really want to lose that income?
  12. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Amen.. Im right outsie Philly and I personally hate seeing people on the phone driving. Especially sitting at a green light, hesitating on turns then decides to go straight.. ahhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  13. Droids

Droids New Member

We will know on the 19th or 20th if Android 2.2 supports hands free dialing. I'm thinking it won't. I can't think of anything more important for Google to fix, but it likely won't happen just yet.

At some point after the release of 2.2, the Incredible will get it, so that alone is no reason to return it now.

No one knows if iPhone 4 will be 4G, I seriously doubt it.
  14. Gadget_Queen

Gadget_Queen New Member

26 Days and counting before I return Incredible

Google, Verizon, create an app that is really hands free voice dialing that works completely and entirely with BT on my present purchased phone. Why make me wait and risk losing $$$ over the next 2 years. What if this forum starts an onslaught of returning Droids, what if aT&T comes out with a BT driven 4G Iphone? Why take that chance?
  15. MrC1122

MrC1122 Member

not trying to rain on anyones parade, but back in jan. when i got my droid i called verizon on this issue and they directed me to motorola. motorola told me that this issue would be addressed in the upcoming udate (2.1) that was due out feb. 11th, well needless to say the update didn't come out til almost the end of mar. and didn't address the issue.(although we did get excellent 3D rendering in the photo gallery) all i'm saying is don't bet on the update addressing the issue or even the release date, in the meantime try to figure out how to configure your phones gps to warn u when u are about to get fubarbed from an oncoming vehicle because u have to press a button on the phone to make a call... ;-)
Search tags for this page

how to use hands free dialing on htc rezound

htc rezound hands free calling

voice dialer droid lawsuit

voice dialing app with htc rezound

windows 8 the requested feature is not supported by the devi