Are you satisfied with Droid X as a device?

oc noob

Reaction score
I wanted to wait for the droid pro but damaged my droid 1 to the point that it just wasn't functional and had to get the X. I am extremely happy with the phone. My D1. Would Would need a charge before the day was out and the X last 2-3 days per charge. My droid screwed up all of my contact when sync'ed with facebook and when I set up the X they all returned when syncing facebook. The droid was pissing me off because it would go into prty/shuffle mode when head phones where plugged in and they where moved, even jarred slightly(a serious pain when listening to audio books). The X is much faster for all navigation and the Internet. I don't need to root to get good performance for playstation gam with PSX4droid. The speaker and mic for phone calls are better.

Point is, I didn't believe this would be the case or I would not have been busting balls to hold out for the droid pro, but the X is a big step up from the D1. He'll I have't even mentioned how much better the screen is compared to 3.7 D1 and iPod touch that I have been using.

mvanz

Reaction score
Coming from BB curve, yes I'm satisfied. One bonus is that this is really my first true smart phone, so those who have had other/older models may be more dissatisfied. It works for me!

The only complaint I really have is that Motorola should have developed the phone WITH the extended battery as the default battery. I never really understood why manufacturers would develop a product and then offer an extended battery for a ridiculous price (especially considering that you've already paid for a battery that is insufficient for the device). I know it's so they can sell extra batteries but it's also very poor decision making.

I would rather recharge the phone twice per day than pay $50.00 for another battery.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score

droidXdominator

Reaction score
The only complaint I really have is that Motorola should have developed the phone WITH the extended battery as the default battery. I never really understood why manufacturers would develop a product and then offer an extended battery for a ridiculous price (especially considering that you've al....

Your complaint is ridiculous. The standard battery is 100% adequate for the vast majority of users. Power users require more juice, so that's how the phone is offered. Makes great business sense.