Are you satisfied with Droid X as a device?

Trutzblatt

Reaction score
Very nice device, however, two major draw backs!!! One. the Facebook, MySpace and other apps can't be deleted (Removed from the phone, who wants them online exhibition madhouses....I don't!!!!) Another thing that I miss more than anything from using the iPhine for two tears is the lack of address recognition. Iphone would let you just click in an address in an email, and whaarrrrffffff.....ther you were in your navi....doesn't happen with droid., although in the manual it says that copy and paste of ANY TEXT can be done by just holding the finger down on it (Doesn't work on any X's!) Wish they wouldn't advertise something that's simply not true.....bummer!!!!

truckrod

Reaction score
Got the x in 6 days not bad. I have had it for 3 days n to say it is fast on web browsing but slow as hell on home screens i know its the 2.1build and the launcher !!!im almost ready to go back to my d1!!! and the x has locked up 4 times n rebooted 2 times on its own! !!! Can't wait to root like my d1 is n froyo. the only big advantage to this phone is the screen

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
slow as hell on home screens i know its the 2.1build and the launcher !!!im almost ready to go back to my d1!!! and the x has locked up 4 times n rebooted 2 times on its own!

Kinda sounds like one or more of your apps is causing trouble.

As for camera quality, I just installed Vignette (free version) and it's very cool and may take better pictures.

devortex

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I'm new here, but I'd like to throw in my experience.

First I'll say that I'm loving my Droid X. I came from windows mobile, had an 8525 from ATT, and also the ATT Fuze(Touch Pro).

When I first got my X on launch day, I was ecstatic. Then I started to notice my speaker while on the phone (not speakerphone, up on my ear) was really staticy and scratchy. I went back to best buy and lucked into them having one that someone canceled on.

This new one had a weird distortion on the screen. If you ever press hard on an lcd monitor, you see like a ripple affect, my X had that all the time. I took out the battery and noticed a large lump between where the battery sits and the back of the screen. Well back to best buy, and when they got another shipment, I was first on the list.

Now I have a perfect X. With those issues, I still love it, and I realize that I was just very unfortunate. My wife got hers the same day and has not had any problems.

This phone is so much better than the WM phones I owned before, and I just can't see myself with an Iphone. I think the X is better than the Iphone anyway, but I know that all comes down to opinion and what you want the phone for, so I won't get into any of that.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes I'm satisfied. It has better reception than my Droid running Froyo, that had a baseband update that gave me better reception from 2.1

Thats the only thing that was gonna make me keep it. Even with the lower volume compared to the Droid, I'm still satisfied.

rickreno

Reaction score
I don't think so. I had a battery problem, they sent me a new battery that seemed to fix it. Yesterday my speaker gave up, anything sound related only works when I have headphones plugged into it. They're sending me a new phone this time. My concern is my 30 day "flush it" window expires before the new phone will arrive, and given the problems I've seen I'm worried about going forward with this phone. I think I'm going to return it and look for something else.

W

warp

Very satisfied.

I've had mine since launch and recently sold my D1 to cover the cost. The X is definitely better than my rooted D1 ever was and not having to go through the hassle of installing numerous custom ROMs is a plus for me. The phone is just fast and works so well out of the box. :)

TheJester34

Reaction score
I love mine. Nice big screen, plenty of apps and speed, sounds great. Got it the Friday after they launched. I'll be keeping this one

Amagine

Reaction score
It's quite fast right out of the box. Then again I'm coming from a blackberry storm 2 with a hybrid OS and over clock. The browsing is very quick and much cleaner than I'm used to. Only thing I haven't gotten the hang of is Copy/Paste. any thing make this easier?
Email hasn't been as much an issue as I thought it would be.
I'm probably going to wait till things get sorted out for 2.2 to root mine. Though I might just do it in a week or so to test, then unroot.

Resistance Was Futile....

Orio

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE my DX !!! Was a diehard BB storm 2 addict before I got my Droid X, and now I don't know what a BB is !!! Never looking back...gave my college son my storm 2 !! dancedroid

Amagine

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE my DX !!! Was a diehard BB storm 2 addict before I got my Droid X, and now I don't know what a BB is !!! Never looking back...gave my college son my storm 2 !! dancedroid
I wouldn't mind a BB with a android OS honestly..

early looks at OS 6 looked good. but but not what I was looking for. I just got tired of the RR being too straight jacketed programming wise and then marketing the storm as a media phone.

BB's are great at what they do and if they gave a rich developer's set to programmer's they probably could make and market a media phone.

Though I agree that it's insane to compare a bb to an iphone and all. It's kinda like comparing a server to an ipad.. they have two distinct and different functions. However RIM just needs to either game up for a true Media phone with an OS and Hardware to back it up, or declare they are out of the consumer market and their phones are for messaging only.

R2ME2

Reaction score
I really like this DX phone. I guess I will need to get the extended battery, because the OEM battery is dumpster juice.

My favorite app thus far is the Scanner app.