Are you satisfied with Droid X as a device?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Love it....

No reason to turn GPS off either.....works just like the Droid.

Rindaen

Reaction score
Im happy with the X for the most part.
There is one thing I just dont like, but hopefully i will work through that.

I have only had the phone for 2 days so it might grow on me.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Happy with my X - love the screen size & speed...I have not had the issues that some have had, so I guess I am lucky...no complaints thus far....

Reaction score
Overall, I have to say I am very satisfied with the device. I had some trouble initially with the screen going unresponsive, but VZW was very quick to get me a replacement. Since then, I've had zero problems out of it. It's very reliable and fun to just mess around with. I had a Droid 1(BB v0.4, OC'd to 1 ghz) previously, and coming from that, it's definitely a huge improvement to me.

montyHD

Reaction score
I love this phone. It has not left my side since I got it day one.

Negatives: Sound of ringer is a bit low - you will need to get the loudest ringer on it. Shutter button is a bit stiff and unresponsive. It is not as sleek looking at the new Iphone but what a screen...Music is not as good as intuitive with the ipod touch. I know doubletwist is great but the interface on the phone itself is lacking.

Positives: 4.3 screen-I can never go smaller--Perfect size for Kindle and movies. Movies look amazing. I am extremely pleased with the Android software. Phone is super fast. Browsing with Dolphin is becoming a snap and a much better experience then Safari.

As I stated this phone is awesome. I am very happy I went with this phone instead of dumping Verizon for the Iphone.

Nadious

Reaction score
Been dying to get an iPhone forever... especially since the iPhone 4 was released. Left my blackberry storm to come here after we learned it was going to be awhile (if ever) and I've never looked back.

I LOVE IT.

It's not so much the phone, but for a brand new Android user like myself... the Android OS is just amazing. I love the fact that I can customize my phone the way I want, right out of the box. It's very fast and smooth (thanks Launcher Pro!) and I hardly get any lag on it at all. I'm EAGERLY waiting for the 2.2 update.

My only complaints are:

1. Volume (needs to be LOUDER)
2. Exchange support - while good, does lack a little bit especially in notification of delivers and the time it takes to notify, even with PUSH on.
3. Camera / Picture taking - Is there a way to take a picture by clicking on the screen?

But these are minor complaints. I use the GPS function with the car dock all the time and it is fantastic. Apple can keep their iPhone. I kind of hope that Verizon DOESN'T get it now... so they can focus more on Android devices.

sonicxtacy02

Reaction score
Best phone by far i've ever owned. Other than having to turn my GPS off, everything else works and works well... ESPECIALLY coming from a crappy blackberry storm like you.

soba1

Reaction score
I can honestly see myself holding on to this til the X 2 comes out or
don't beat me up. the Samsung Galaxy S2 arrives:icon_ banana:

nfj79

Reaction score
This is my first Droid phone and I am happy with it.

padawan0620

Reaction score
This phone is a quantum leap for me coming from a chocolate 3. That died on me in July and I was looking for another phone and kept getting drawn to this phone. A week after my phone went, my laptop went. The laptop was 5 yrs old. I was also NE2 eligible. This thing is almost as powerful as my laptop. I feel like events happened where I was supposed to get this. If I need to use a laptop, I'll borrow my wife's, her's is less than a yr old.

I'm not in awe of it but I love this phone. I corrected the alarm issue (courtesy of Truckrdout). I'm just starting to play with it but also waiting for Froyo and then watch this thing tear it up. (Haven't rooted yet, will wait until Froyo is here.)

Attachments

• Prime_Daleks.jpg
    Prime_Daleks.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 136

cypherx82

Reaction score
The only slight complaint I have with the phone is the camera, but that is mostly negated with Vignette.

5 stars.

If it feels good in your hand, its an amazing phone. I was really worried about the size before I got it, but its not actually bad at all. Its a very nice phone, not the best looking device, but its still very nice. Great hardware (it flys compared to my droid even overclocked) and the Game performance is much faster then on my Droid (huge deal for me).

Overall, Im very happy with the phone, only thing I dislike is the camera shoot delay, but thats an easy app fix.

Now I think many other phones are too small. :D

SANhacker

Reaction score
Had it for a week and I'm ready to go back to my Droid 1 until this thing gets FROYO. Speaker's terrible, Contacts are totally FUBAR, Battery drains very quickly (no GPS or wi fi isn't on), it's very sluggish navigating through apps, and when I am connected to my home router it sometimes just disconnects for no reason. This phone was obviously released too soon and was only put out early to compete with the iPhone4.

Thanks for sharing this. I will likely wait for the Droid 2 or 3 before upgrading. I figured the battery life would suffer as a result of that huge screen.